Chompi Kickstarter

I still have mine. Never obeyed the recall.

3 Likes

Lucky!! Wish I managed to buy one before they got axed

Why can’t they say if this thing is metal or plastic? I’m fine with either… as long as it isn’t pcb material, basically cardboard.

2 Likes

Looks like the Kickstarter began today. Already almost $700,000.

Yeah I was surprised that the video now has over a million views. People are definitely interested in it. It helps that it has the branding and marketing it has though.

the kickstarter target was 27k. they smashed the sh1t out of that pretty quick.

congrats to them :clap:

1 Like

Thats impressive. Almost 3/4 mil already. Going to have to ramp up production to meet that order which is a pretty great position to be in

3 Likes

if I had a rake of cash I’d have jumped on the train.
alas I’m skint.
450 euro is a decent price for it tho imo.

1 Like

It’s pcb Material combined with Metal, like a Lot of eurorackfronts…i think a Metal enclosure Like organelle or other would be a better solution…

That’s the net price. More like 550 plus import fees for EU denizens.

I don’ get my head around the recordings…when i record a Sample, ist this saved on the SD Card? And when i record a loop…too? And a new recording is saved as “loop_recording-134…”?
And is there a possibility to load Samples and loops…how could this work?
I.e. for a liveset, how to switch between some different Ambient loops?

PCB material isn’t cardboard.

I have one of the M8 betas, it is a “sandwich” of two PCBs with 3D printed material between. It’s shown no signs of wear at all in two and a half years.

1 Like

High quality multi-layered PCB material is actually pretty strong. I work with them everyday.

Does it have a sample slicer, that could be pseudo sequenced via the looper, that can hold 8 to 16 sliced up loops on the instrument per project?

at first I didn’t take this seriously but I love the way the workflow is looking on this, … very happy about how Devs are more and more starting to see the workflow as the primary feature these days…

also would like to know can the jog wheel tape scrubbing be recorded into the looper, as well as any other sound caused by any other knob movements?

Is there stem export of loop layers?

Some sort of battery option is essential. AA batteries with the option to charge internally, would’ve awesome. Other rechargeable batteries would be fine, as long as they can be easily replaced when they wear out, or be easily swapped so one couple carry a spare. I can’t stand devices that require an external battery dangling off the side.

18650 is a good choice for the internal battery, just like Deluge. Then you will only need 1~2 batteries not 5AAs.

1 Like

A vote here for either a rechargeable internal battery or just leave it powered by an external power bank. Would not personally ever power a device like this with disposable AA batteries.

@CHOMPI - No requests here for this awesome-looking instrument, just have to say I’m so impressed by how quickly this blew past your funding goal! It’s well over $1M last I checked. I’m not in a position to buy one at the moment but I’m going to get one for my daughter eventually (she’s already figured out how to record herself singing into my mother-in-law’s old iPad then harmonize with herself… it’s awesome, and this will be perfect for her).

So yea: bravo!!

PS - Don’t mean to imply that it’s a toy – just that the interface is so inviting that anyone, including young people, can jump right in, which is exactly what she’ll do!

3 Likes

This makes me feel schadenfreude towards myself.

2 Likes

Chompi pulled out that Uno Reverse card.

1 Like