Christmas/Holiday Music - Does anybody have some to share?

Seasons greetings!

I put this arrangement together this today for fun. Perhaps others would like to share?

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy

:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Here’s my version of Greensleeves.

5 Likes

holiday compilation 2021 | Songwriting Club < some friends and I are in a songwriting club and put together a holiday album! My track is track 1, December Star, I made it with a Nord modular, a digitone (for the arpeggios) and Rytm (for the drums) I ask you to look past the superficial use of Elektron instruments (no parameter locking or probability trigs :open_mouth: ) and embrace the spirit!

1 Like

I’ve been working on “Christmas is coming” on the Roland MC-707, but I got it just last week and I lack the mental horsepower to overcome the learning curve in time for Christmas. I should have it ready by 2022 Christmas. I also started something on M8 Tracker but ran into trouble with the chord progressions, so same thing there.

I do have this track though, which is Larry Carlton’s arrangement of We Three Kings for solo guitar.
It’s mostly faithful to Carlton’s arrangement. Ran guitar signal into iPad with the frekvens app.

2 Likes

Three years ago I did a musical advent calendar (Jamuary in December I suppose).
Here the MM sings a Christmas classic.

And three others from the pack that fell closest to evoking the season:

3 Likes

Years ago my band were asked to contribute a track for a christmas compilation. The video is obviously fan made and not an official video.

3 Likes

Lovely arrangement.

It has something of a flavour of ‘The Gnats Arrival’ by Cylob :slight_smile:

1 Like

An OP-1 sketch from years back:

2 Likes

We Three Kings

1 Like

The only cover of a Christmas standard I’ve ever done, as well as one of my only attempts at a direct stylistic copy: O Come O Come Emmanuel in the style of Michael McCann’s soundtrack for the 2011 game Deus Ex: Human Revolution. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Silent Night

1 Like

I did a cover of ‘White Christmas’ this year using my EMX-1 and R3.

2 Likes