Cirklon : how to?

Yeees, that the solution on modular.
A first sequencer that send trigs to another one that have the notes on a number of steps equals to the number of notes. Each trigs makes the step going. Brillant and so simple.
Nice trick, efficient test, thanks a lot for your help

Yes that’s the result.
Torso do that on a unique bar that loop on itself ?
When you wrote :

Can you elaborate ? I don’t know the Torso sequencer but seems well implemented.

When you say :

Not sure.
On Pyramid, even if the euclid pattern follow a pattern with desire notes, it won’t function because the master pattern won’t have the same number of steps. So, the result won’t be conform.
Now, maybe on with Hapax, the algo could solve the problem. I haven’t test the Hapax nor rtfm. Maybe one can confirm.

Now, if the result is to be achieved by writing the whole pattern on several bars, any sequencer can do that, of corse

1 Like

can confirm. I love doing this. plug some notes into the 101 sequencer, then feed it a clock via a gate sequence from the Cirklon. even better is to randomize this sequence on the Cirklon.

I do similar with a Serge TKB and I’m sure there’s a lot of other modular sequencers that will do this. can even do it with a Korg SQ-1.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s how it works.

On the Torso, you define the length of the sequence (8 steps in the example). There are two ways to enter trigs: (1) euclidean, ie the sequencer places the chosen number of trigs as equally spaced as possible on the steps (the resulting pattern can be rotated), (2) manual placement of trigs on the steps of the sequence.

The notes that you want the sequencer to play are selected independently from the steps in a “pitch” menu (respecting a scale and root note). The sequencer then cycles through the notes in ascending order.

As I write this, I realize the core limitation here: the sequencer can create melodic/harmonic variation and progression, but I think that you cannot define the order in which the initial notes are played. In your example it works because the notes are ascending.

Edit: Just read a user suggestion (made in Nov 22) on the Torso discord to enable notes being played in the order they are entered. Torso responded that this is on their list of features to be added.

1 Like

This solution prevent the buying of a new sequencer, makes me play my Cirklon and mobilise the efficience of my modular.
Thanks for confirmation

2 Likes

That was the thing i though at the redingote of you first message. That’s a perfect implementation.

Nothing perfect in sequencer world. Sometimes, i don’t understand such limitations on contemporain sequencers. But as i don’t know anything to programmation, maybe it’s logic.

I still keep an eye on Torso, i realy like algorithmic sequencers.
Thanks for your input

1 Like

No sequencer can have everything. It’d be a user interface nightmare, especially in hardware.

Modular is usually where people go when none of the fixed architecture devices can do what they want. Could probably make what you want in 10 minutes in Max.

4 Likes

That is on of my reason for the travel in rabbithole

Surely less !
My travel in rabbithole Takes a new justification

I’m not 100% sure I understand correctly but what you’re trying to achieve should be possible with “free gate” on the vector sequencer, for instance you can have a 3 gate step sequence with mutes and probabilites and a 7 steps pitch sequence (or any combination you like, like 1 step sequence with %mutes and 2 steps pitch sequence and so on and so forth).

or of course in modular decoupling a pitch sequence from the gate sequence.

The Cirklon can do this.

Track 1:
Regular P3 pattern, set all steps to C

Track 2:
Regular P3 patternm set all steps to E

Track 3:
Regular P3 pattern, set all steps to G

Track 4:
Regular P3 pattern, set all steps to A

Track 5:
Regular P3 pattern, set all steps to B

Track 6:
This is the track with your gates.

Aux A:
offset aux D rel (put a +1 on step 4, 6 and 7)

Aux D:
Use a grab note aux event, set it to track 1 on each of your steps with a gate.

In the accumulator config set the aux D limit to 4 and mode rtz.

7 Likes

@splitradix : Just great

I was on the point to report here the answer you wrote on Sequentix forum, when i saw your post.

:bowing_woman::bowing_woman::bowing_woman:

1 Like