Cirklon V2

Second hand maybe? i don’t know :confused:

2 Likes

I was ball-parking it… but if you get the Cirklon, CVIO and a BOB for it, after duties and shipping, it’s right around there.

1 Like

This was dec 2017

That’s roughly $1950. I’m not sure where people are getting this $2500 - $3000USD range from.

1 Like

Ah gotcha! Good thing i don’t plan o buy the CVIO, BOB or duties… :slight_smile:

Cirklon + CVIO + BOB = 1889 euro = 2218 usd before shipping and duties.

as I said, I was ball-parking. I’m not gonna argue about price all day. sheesh.

I bought all those extra things still under 2k, lol.

1 Like

But you said… :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

lol :slight_smile: Americans don’t pay VAT, I think thats why your calcs are off :slight_smile:
Ill let i go! promise!

haha I’m aware! we still pay duties once it’s imported though. non VAT prices (euros) are 1440, 193 and 256 for Cirklon, Desktop BOB and CVIO. that’s 1889 euros. another 10 if you want a cable. I don’t know what shipping and duties are. likely not another 300usd, but maybe 150-200.

Well neither do EU if you have a valid VAT ID… :wink:

1 Like

those people who have received v2, how do you like its new display? is there any noticeable performance boost with faster cpu? other than that materials pretty same as v1, right?

I didn’t have the V1, so I might not be the best person to do a comparison, but from looking at the other Cirklon videos online, the V1 seems to respond just as quickly as my V2.

The colour’s used on the V2 really sparingly. I don’t even really notice it.

I’ve also noticed that it’s a touch screen. I don’t thinks its implemented in any way. I can draw red lines over the display if I want to though… :joy:

Whichever version you have, it is a very impressive bit of hardware.

2 Likes

It’s going to be interesting to see how/when Colin introduces functionality to the touchscreen.
He took a poll on the sequentix forum to see who would want it, and the majority of people seemed to say that they wouldn’t be against it as long as it didn’t detract from the development of the V1 compatible OS.
I’m on the waiting list for the upgrade kit, but that’s mainly for the I/O upgrades rather than the touchscreen. Drawing in some parameter sweeps by finger might be nice though.

To be honest, I can’t really see any need for touchscreen implementation, particularly at the possible expense of development elsewhere. Colin seems like a great guy, but there’s no doubt that he’s spread thin, based on him doing the building, testing and software updates etc.

I’d much rather the same OS for both versions. After all, it’s the earlier adopters who’ve helped to grow the software To where it is today.

I got mine 3 weeks ago, and I’ve spent the time sine just reading the manual and experimenting. I’m very impressed by its capabilities.

I’ve had my hands on v1 so i just wanted to know whether v2 has some difference from v1 regarding faster cpu and etc.
if we could draw complex lfo or envelope with the touch screen, that would be awesome. I was on the list from May 2017 and finally my time has arrived. price has been slightly risen than what i had been told in 2017 but I’m getting updated v2 so i guess it’s alright.

Text entry would be the main thing I’d like to see. Navigating the current system is a pain I find.

1 Like

It is.

I love it but using it primarily as a waaaay overqualified midi splitter (because I just dont have the time to sequence full tracks).

I sometimes toy with the elektron sequencer for midi and then always revert back to Cirklon though because its too basic by comparison :roll_eyes:

If youre into programming and have time, it kicks ass. Otherwise for instant jamming, unless you have everything setup and good to go, its far less immediate than a good old fashion analog sequencer

1 Like

this is half the reason I love it. that instrument list! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 month mark!

At least 13 more to go till I am eligible :grimacing: