Cirklon V2

You joined 2.5 years ahead of me lol

From what I understand they’re trying to ramp it up. As opposed to intentionally making it a limited availability item they are ostensibly trying to meet demand. Hopefully their manufacturing process matures and they start being able to meet the demand.

2 Likes

Yes it seems they have had a few challenges of late.

Im in no rush as having fun with the OT and might drop out when the time arrives depending on my gear status. I guess loads on the list also drop out when it comes to the time to pay!!

1 Like

Thats a good point. I luv dropouts!!:grinning:

1 Like

It did… they stopped production to change their process drastically right before the pandemic.

On another note there seems to be one major uploader on youtube that explains every detail at length. Does he work for Cirklon does any one know?

Sequentix is a two person company, so if it’s not the developer-owner’s account, I would think not.

2 Likes

I think a lot of folk appreciate his input.

1 Like

Sure, I’m just saying this is the Sequentix employee account.

IIRC from reading on MuffModWigglers splitradix (if that’s who you’re referring to) is a long time user who sometimes beta tests Cirklon FWs for Sequentix.

EDIT: Agreed that his videos are excellent.

4 Likes

Yes thats the guy.

He’s been a huge asset to me as a Cirklon owner. Really does a great job of explaining things by example. Also has a good sense of humor.

5 Likes

He also releases some really good music

4 Likes

That’s splitradix, he’s just good friends with Colin.

2 Likes

He’s doing a set at the next Superbooth too apparently

6 Likes

Finally got mine. This thing lives up to the hype. I just was writing some sequences for TAL Uno plugin and writing a melody is so intuitive on it. There’s a lot to explore and learn

12 Likes

Setting up track controls to modify aux track values and note / octave / gate velocity with FTS (force to scale) will take that to another level

Keep us updated. Should be less than a year for me.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I wonder if there will be a v3 when I get mine. My first list-request was early 2019 but somehow it didn’t work, so I tried again late 2020, this time with feedback, that I entered the list. So won’t be this year, if part availability stays as it is, won’t be next year, I think.

For people who already own Elektron gear, what are the most immediate benefits of using the Cirklon?

I’ve heard that the Cirklon’s clock is tighter than with most other sequencers, is that somehow noticable when creating rhythmic stuff?