Cirklon V2

I like using the first 4 tracks for drums. 1 is for bass drum and snare on a p3 pattern. track 2 in snare fills, ghost notes etc, 3 is random percussion, 4 is hats. I find later on when I’m arranging, the Ck pattern being pretty limiting when you just want to change one or two things :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great tip, thanks nilsec. It’s kind of been my first impression. The P3 environment is very intuitive and easy to understand, the Ck one not so much. Think I just need to RTFM more though.

1 Like

Watch the splitradix vids. I’ve had mine for a year and half or so now and I’m now using ck tracks 95% of the time.

3 Likes

Huh. Good perspective thanks will definitely give them a watch !

Nice advice.
Splitradix vids are the most complete, from farest the best.
Long videos, but so well constructed, as the manual is.
I watch them all 3 times and go to them each time i need to refresh memory.

Welcome to the mastermind sequencer.

3 Likes

So had a long read of the manual tonight and mess around and have seen the light of the CK patterns, or at least I’m starting too. So far the P3 workflow feels much faster but cramming insane amounts of CC events into the event list is MEGA fun!

3 Likes

I think the clackety buttons help here. I use an old typewriter and its fun just to press them.

1 Like

I’ve been on the list since 2017. I get the value in small companies but com’on hire some people to help push these things out. They’ve created a market where people now just buy the Cirklon when their name is called and turn around to sell it for 3x the price.

2 Likes

You made me curious. This is what their FAQ says:

“we are working to increase production and reduce the waiting time (although availability of components is uncertain at the moment)”

2 Likes

They have the worst luck ever. In the time I’ve been on the waiting list other companies have emerged with competitive products from scratch and secured world wide distribution.

1 Like

COVID has ruined everything for a lot of people.

2 Likes

Yea they made a big move to another country that jammed up the orders then COVID hit.

You might consider going to the Sequentix forum, where the latest news from the company is that customers who have been on the waiting list since April 2018 are next in line to order their Cirklons.

Were you to read the information on the Sequentix froum then you would find out that hiring staff would not speed up the production process.

That was not Sequentix’s intent. They are not deliberately slowing production.

8 Likes

This statement seems a bit unfair.
You can easely understand that the situation is not from their intention. Colin works hard and would prefer sell lot more if he could produce more.
International production of components and lack of reliable little factory to produce lot of Cirklon are the main reasons.
I do understand Colin that wants only quality products to be sold. So all in all, beter have few with quality than lot with problems that would need customer service for returns.
The ones that sold the Ck 3x its value are the main responsable of that fact. The ones that buy the Ck 3x the price are lucky fortunate persons

1 Like

If they are only just getting to 2018 orders this is definitely a bigger problem then that. I don’t know anything about the Cirklon but when producing products usually when there’s a demand you try working with manufacturers to increase production to keep up with demand. QC is a problem with literally every electronics company and it’s just reality, seems like they should have risked some problems with units and get more out there but it seems like lots of people are just going with the cheaper competitors at this point, or as OP stated, buying to resell.

Everyone is having issues due to Covid but other equally small companies have figured out ways to get their products into customer hands. :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Hang in there mate. I got mine in may 2022. It’s worth it’s weight in gold. I waited in early 2017 too. The quality is amazing. Sometimes I use it as a centerpiece for my ableton sessions and Im writing clips for days.

2 Likes

I am on the list prob summer 2019 so who knows. What I’m struggling with is why it is so highly rated compared to recent releases. I like the four midi ports, but what after that I can’t find else’s where. Rock solid timing I read, well, I haven’t noticed big issues with octatrack in to Kenton midi thru. If my name comes up I’ll get it if I have the money. If I don’t like it I’ll sell it for no more than I paid for it.

you probably shouldn’t be commenting then. there’s a lot of back-story to this.

plenty of threads here, on MW, and elsewhere about why people love it so much. for me, it’s just a better workflow and organization than using an OT (which I did for years before I got a Cirklon). otherwise, there’s a lot you can do with sequences that you can’t with an OT. watch some of the SplitRadix videos to get an idea. it’s very deep. you “get” the OT sequencer in about five minutes. you barely scratch the surface of the Cirklon in a year.

I shouldn’t say I don’t know anything, but I think ultimately whatever they need to hire a product manager and let them do the stuff they are clearly failing at. Again, there’s LOTS of small companies making music gear that have managed to source parts and get products out in a reasonable timeline while going through the same pandemic we all have.

But hey, I don’t care too much, not my company. They are just letting many other competitors release newer products at higher rates to account for the demand.

Cirklon seemed interesting to me but as soon as I found out it’s probably a 4-5 year wait to get one I shut the book on any learning of information and I’m sure there’s many that have done the same.

1 Like