Cirklon V2

It’s an instrument-level thing so you’d need to add the same track value for any instrument that might want to opt out of FTS. I know that makes it slightly more long-winded than it should be if you have lots of instruments but I tend to just add them as I need them.
There are two TVs - one selects the scale (including ‘All’ - effectively turning off scene-level FTS for this track) and you have the full selection available. There’s also an FTS root TV so you can do the transposey stuff there too. It affects notes played back so is a nice realtime tweaky thing.

1 Like

Interesting, I’ll have to try that out. Thanks!

1 Like

@tdel00 : If it can help, X, at pattern level, defeat FTS, but Xpose at the same time…

Packed up my Maschine+ earlier to flog on here so I thought I would fire up for a quick check that all is ok. Anyhow 3 hours have gone by with me blasting it with the Cirklon sequencer - great fun and sounds. Doh!!!

Only problem is that it appears each of the 16 Maschine Pads requires a individual MIDI channel to trigger so I guess that buggers / interferes with any other device on that specific Cirklon MIDI port unless I am missing something / making a beginner mistake?

Well, you’ve got the five individual outs, but you can also plug in a class compliant midi interface via the USB host port.

I’m using this because I only need a few more for everything to be on its own port:

But if you have a ton of outboard, you can use this:

1 Like

Any reason why you went that over https://kentonuk.com/product/thru-25/?

Yep. I was reading about the possibility of doing it on the Cirklon forum, and it’s the one Colin (Cirklon creator) said he used (he was using the 16 expander). He said any class compliant one should work though. Not a single issue over here.

1 Like

Music has the right to Cirklons

11 Likes

Got my email today! Signed up Oct 2018. Hopefully that helps folks calibrate their wait time.

10 Likes

July 2019 for me and on NGNY so hopefully I’ll get the email end of year. Still debating if this is right for me - I do like to be hands on with my electronic devices. Still time to ponder……

Yeah me too but it does give you the choice of using it either as a sequencer or Midi clock / start stop so you kind of get best of both worlds I guess

I suppose, and I like that you can record midi into it, that’s cool. But I get on ok clocking from OT. Will probably depend on circumstances when I get the email, then what could I get for the same dough. 2k buys a lot of bleep.