Cleaning Digitakt Jack outputs

Need help with the DIGITAKT only this time its about my stereo jack outputs and volume knob, I am getting crackly connections which I’d say is dirt, so how will I remedy this? I have servisol super 10 with lubricant. This was intended to be used for the pitch bend pot on my Bass station.
PLEASE HELP ME MY ELEKTRONAUT COMRADES. Thanks

Anyone?

It’s most likely the volume knob, there’s a lot of Digitakts with crackly volume pots. Does it crackle on the headphone output too?

Yes, I have one that does and one that is totally fine. The one with the issue also crackles on headphones out. Only when adjusting though, It sounds like a dirt issue. Tried new jack cables and sometimes it sounds like I lose a channel every now and then which can be fixed by reseating the jack. I am looking to clean the master to but nowhere seems to say how to clean your takt. FEAR

CAIG DeoxIT FaderLube, I used it on my vintage synths. Should work for your Digitakt.

2 Likes

Yeah, the issue is with the volume pot. It’ll need a squirt of deoxit probably.

1 Like

I actually have some Kontakt 10 super here, it says switch cleaning lubricant. [Servisol Super 10 Switch Contact Cleaner/Lubricant for Switches, Faders, Dials, lol Can I use this? How do you apply it lol I’m so afraid of messing up especially with the master volume pot!! Thanks for replying :slight_smile:

fine, ill say it :tongue:

without taking the faceplate off best you can do is squirt some on the shaft and work it.
be careful while taking off the knob, its on pretty tight.

Though i would just leave it like it is. I also have a scratchy master volume but it doesnt bother me because using internal mixer in global setting is way better than reaching for the master all the time, especially if you use multiple devices.

if you gonna do it make sure to not get any on the black matte surface, id imagine its going to have a shiny stain for a year or two if you get some cleaner/lube onto the faceplate.

The volume dial doesn’t bother me to much as I leave it on max but it would be nice if it was smooth like my second one. I would just love clean outputs and a clean machine so I can tell the digitakts outputs are not starting to die. Not going to bother for now but for gigging I definitely will have to sort it. Though if anyone else can advise it would be nice
Cheers replyees