Clear locks

hi guys… over 1 year into the wonderful MD … guess what I overlooked! …

if you wanna clear ALL LOCKS from an individual trig (edit: for 1 machine) you have to hold that trig and press Clear(/=Play) in Record Mode … watch the display, make sure you had parameter locks in the first place! …

has it always been like that? I wonder … so deep this machine!

Yep, and you clear individual parameter settings by holding the trig key whilst pushing/clicking the knob of a particular parameter that you want to clear.

For example: if you had a parameter lock on the filter cut off, and a parameter lock for the resonance, and yet another parameter lock for distortion, but wanted to clear the p-lock setting for just the resonance, you would hold the trig key and push the knob for the resonance parameter, and the setting would be cleared.

You can also use the same technique to copy/paste individual trigs.

Yeah I think thats the secret to using Elektron gear. Whatever page or mode your in, the save/copy/paste and edit functions effects different things.
For example, I could never remember where to set the “per track” length on my Octa. Try hitting func +edit in rec or play or part to see different pages. And same goes with save/copy/paste, and holding a trig.
This was one big step in the learning curve that helped me alot.

Hi there, thanks for reminding me of this tip. Would you happen to know if this an MD only feature? I recall trying this on an MnM, but I couldn’t get it to work. Maybe I was doing it wrong, or maybe it’s just not that kinda party.[/quote]
It definitely works on the MM.