Clock/Sync

I’m trying to sync my drumbrute with the m:c. Trouble is, if I use the DM as the slave I get nothing. If I use it as the master, it syncs but obviously sends midi data so the selected track on the m:c just sequences the steps of the dm rather than the steps I programmed for the selected m:c track. Make sense? In other words, I just want them to play at the same speed and stop/start when the master stops/starts. No midi per se just clocking. Is this possible?

Welcome to the forum!

This could be because of your MIDI connection from M:C to DB.

If you’re just using a 3.5 mm TRS cable from M:C MIDI Out to DB MIDI In then you will have to set the polarity of the MIDI connection (OUT POL OUT setting) in the M:C’s CONFIG > MIDI > PORTS menu.

If you’re using the correct MIDI adaptors and a 5-pin-DIN MIDI cable, then you should only need to set up the synchronization correctly.

Yes. The simplest way is to disactivate RCV NOTE (and probably also RCV CC) in the M:C’s CONFIG > MIDI > FILTER menu.

There may be other things to do to get the optimum setup so try it out and let us know how you get on.

3 Likes

in the utility (wrench button) you can configure MIDI in for T1-T6.

go to MIDI–>In channel–>then choose off for T1-T6. this will stop the M:C from receiving notes from the drumbrute.

you should be able to make the M:C the master by going into the sync menu in the same utility.

there are a lot of settings for MIDI, so you should really read the manual while you go through each setting.

2 Likes

Thank you! Solved my problem.

1 Like

What actually solved the problem was turning off “Auto In” which is the 8th setting on the “In Chan” page.

2 Likes

Thanks !
super helpful for me too

1 Like