Comfortable way to transfer and use my samples?

Hey there,

I’ve got a probably simple question and hope to get some good feedback here.

I have an empty Digitakt which I didnt use for a long time. I want to use it again. So I have a sample folder with lets say 1000 samples.

How can I transfer them easily and map them, so that I got a nice overview in the Digitakt/Overbridge VST. I know there’s the “transfer” software. But as far as I understand it only transfers the samples from hard disk to the device and wont help me organizing the samples.

Thanks for help

Put them in folders as you see fit with a structure that seems appropriate but won’t lead to endless subfolders or having too many samples in a single folder. Such as Samples > Drums > Kicks. Then transfer the lot by throwing your main folder into Transfer.

Okay, thanks, and how do I assign the samples to a category/tag in the Digitakt VST (like Kick or Bass)

Ah, I thought this would be possible to do in Transfer (feature request!) but a quick look at the Transfer manual doesn’t have anything about tags. So that would have to be done on the DT itself. All the Sound Manager stuff starts on p24 of the manual. Note that only Sounds can be tagged, not individual Samples, afaik. So, spending some time creating appropriate folders would be the best way of collecting similar samples together in one place, rather than relying on tags. (Another feature request!)

Just to emphasize … learn what a sound is as it’s not a sample

As already said use folder names, naming conventions on samples as you might on pc/Mac .

Once on a digitakt you can move samples around and it won’t break things.

1 Like