Coming soon

DigiChop

1 Like

Iā€™m happy to take anyone willing to sell their mk1 OT in the uk off their hands for a good (cheap) price so they have some funds for this new super machine

3 Likes

Itā€™s a car.

2 Likes

That would be amazing. Never gonna happen though (secretly crosses fingers)

2 Likes

scissors or okay or 2
is one of the icons in the video fwiw

thereā€™s also a keys graphic

10 Likes

Hmmmm, I just realized Elektron released two one-minute videos featuring the Digitakt two days ago. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

3 Likes

Maybe this is an icon that describes a loop to end, or similar pattern functionality? Looks to me like a loop ā€˜lozengeā€™ with a circle instead of an arrow on it?

Yeah I also hope it is a DT updateā€¦ but yeah I donā€™t feel like that is likely. But also if it does drums and samples I canā€™t imagine it being in the small size form unless they make it significantly more expensive. Seems like a machine based box meaning more complex than the DT DN and maybe more focused on being an all in one if it has synth and drum parts. But yeah it is hard to think of how DT fits in the line up if the new release handles samplingā€¦ Maybe if it drops all midi sequencing all together? I guess its possible they just say to hell with it and make a box that pretty much guts the sales of DTs

1 Like

Look at their whole history. Itā€™s a long series. Digitakt and Digitone only videos.

thereā€™s also a hand (or paper or STOP)

3 Likes

Iā€™ve processed one of the frames. You can see the hand symbols there. They should be part of the GUI.

1 Like

Hope itā€™s a digitakt update. With those icons, I really doubt it thoughā€¦ too much hi-res looking.

Iā€™m out of DT anyway, my digitakt is for sale as of yesterday, nice box, super portableā€¦ but since I got ARmk2 I hardly used it.

I do hope whatever it is wonā€™t make me feel bad about buying the ARmk2! :O)

Elektron have done a great job of creating a visually interesting promo video with good music and planted clues and symbols to generate discussion and debate. Theyā€™ve an excellent team I must admit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

RPS

22 Likes

Pencil logo ,fadeout logo,
Iā€™m lost
:slight_smile:

1 Like

What about the half-filled circle icon? That means ā€˜contrastā€™ on TVs, photo editing programs etc. Hard to imagine what it would mean on an audio boxā€¦ unless itā€™s a screen contrast control.

surely it canā€™t be a video fx box?.. can itā€¦?

2 Likes

The suspense is killing me! I would welcome a nice update for the Digitone / Digitakt, but have a feeling it will be another piece of gear.

itā€™s been a while since Digitakt OS received a meaningful update, and i truly hope weā€™ll get one, but looking at the current OS, thereā€™s not much room left for an additional drum and synth engine.

therefore, this is my take: an 8 track digital drum and bass machine with one sample track as well

so then you have a 6 voice digital drum synthesizer with one Digitakt-alike track and one Digitone-alike track with the following layout:
kick-snare-perc-clap-hihat-cymbal-bass-sample

1 Like

Maybe something totally crazy, like contrast for the screen? :loopy:
Iā€™d love a video part too!

1 Like