Coming soon

So what is left then? Would they go analog in their digi sized boxes? I’d like to think they’ve got their bases covered with the analog series and are keeping to digital with the digi sized ones. What’s left to expand on if it’s not fm or drum computer?

FX, percussion synthesis, additive, granular…let’s narrow the field a little with what we’ve got.

A percussion synth could make sense. You can make great bass lines with a perc synth. I do it all the time on the DFAM. A perc synth with Elektron sequencer?

no need to reinvent the wheel imo. maybe a homage to the machine drum. ie machines plus user wavs.

4 Likes

definitely sounds like a MD in DT/DN-format with sample-waveforms, a tonal bass-engine and some lush new effects…

but even then this looks a little confusing to me. maybe just a presentation-screen?:

All those icons and the piano roll…

Time to add another typical teaser guess- could it be a DAW in a box? Like the Elektron MPC?

2 Likes

Maybe there’s multiple things getting released? Updates for DT/DN and a new Digi box? Would make sense seeing as the DT is their highest selling box ever, would be nice to get some updates. Even just that band pass / notch filter from DN :sob:

Oh well at least I can add more filters with OB now but it’s not the same DAMMIT

4 Likes

This is what I was thinking too. Hybrid groovebox with an analog mono voice and digi drums and FX, or something along those lines.

7 Likes

Yeah this is it I think

All the cube-like dissolving icons aren’t granular, they’re for video transitions

Plus the huge display screen in that insta pic

Possibly an all-in-one portable thing, like their answer to OP-Z? With song mode/arranger for the other two digis?

2 Likes

Haven’t they used screens like these in the past with their pong video games?

1 Like

Aw you’re probably right. Some of those icons are very weird though

This for sure is a granular icon

Nothing in the teaser video sounds granular though

4 Likes

Anyone looked for strings / asci names in overbridge engine / control uyet ? Pretend your hacking or some shit like that.

2 Likes

That would be absolutely mint. But I highly doubt it.

I knew I was going to run out of likes today. Oh man, it’s been a busy week!

2 Likes

Whatever it is I really hope I don’t want it. I have no space, too much gear, and no money to waste.

2 Likes

elektron truthers unite!

the new product is a roland sampler that only plays the amen break in various ways

13 Likes

I’m in.

Could also be a major OS redesign for the mk2 machines and OB2 final release :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like