Coming soon

The iconography aesthetics is totally different to current boxes… which i really like. Nice way to move things forward! I do like the idea of an update to the DT, I’d even pay for it. But I rekn it’s a new box. Too much going on here to shove it into a current box. Put my money on Digidrum also. And if you think about it, it’s the same MO as the dark trinity. Sampler->Synth->Drum Machine. DT->DN->DD. If the DT did get an update just give it stereo then a digi trinity would be complete :heart_eyes:

Damn, I have not seen this much speculation in a long time.

Not since the US election in 2016 :slight_smile:

This is crazy :slight_smile:

haha thanks. i imagine the double arrow stacked (third last, middle column) is actually the arrow with the checkerbox through it (top of same column)

the contrast circle might be just an icon on its own but just got overlapped conveniently beside some other ones.

also tough to see the details on the waveform icons with the filter cut off dotted lines/fills so those were a bit of a stretch.

unsure of the wrench based ones too. Looks like theres a wrench and a waveform (sample? oscillator?) and a wrench beside some type of grid as well but again these could be a result of coincidental alignment between the image transitions in the teaser.

1 Like

Just watched the “Just Digitakt/Digitone” vids, and the teaser that says “Just…” is definetly looking like there would be a 3rd Digi. OR it could be a “Just Digitakt” with new upgrades vid. Because there’s only 2 for the Digitakt but 7 for the Digitone. Maybe that’s just random though. It could also be that there’s 1 new instrument AND upgrade for Digitakt. Hmmm… I srsly have to go to sleep now. Getting up in 5 hours hehe.

6 Likes

Ok, I agree, it’s looking more like something new. But would it make sense to make a drum synth? To me it does and it doesn’t. How much overlap would there be? Remember, they don’t make their machines with very much overlap.

I would kind of hope they would continue with their unique ingenuity and create something that is either not very well developed upon in an Elektron way something totally off the wall, or something they see us writing quite often about wanting in these forums.

There is a big interest lately in different synthesis, more so than just subtractive and fm. They’ve done all of these in the past, would they venture out to one of these other obscure types? Their uniqueness is what has driven all of us here in the first place.

Regardless, I’m stoked!

6 channel sampling digiMix

1 Like

The wrenches look like tuning forks

I don’t think it’s a mixer, continuing along with the “Just” series implies that all the sound in the video is coming from a singular sound source

1 Like

So it’s gotta be multi channel then

If this teaser series is like the Digitakt teaser, there’s going to be one of these videos every day up till NAMM.

The 5 days of Elektronmas

5 Likes

You know me, If it’s not a new os for the digitakt, please be a multi machine (MNM’esq) digibox.

1 Like

Has anyone guessed granular synth yet? These threads aren’t complete until someone guesses video synth and granular synth.

3 Likes

That’s kinda what I was alluding to in one of my recent posts. Something nobody has really done much of. Or additive or even subharmonic.

Granular HAS been guessed!

1 Like

:white_check_mark: all present and correct (a few times)

2 Likes

The Digitakt is interesting for being marketed as a drum machine when it is in fact a sampler with certain limitations, funneling it into a best use-case as a drum sampler. The ‘drum computer’ tag is interesting though and I’d love to see this fleshed out in an update, but I think it’s clutching at a marketing term

4 Likes

Looking at the front of my DT… there’s labelling on the front for kick/snr etc printed right on there!!

6 Likes

I’m not seeing any bass synths on my DT currently though :wink:

1 Like

Or Perc

1 Like

6 track granular sampler

digigrain

i imagine it will have super limited sampling length but some crazy way to create “grains” or slices.
probably how elektron will market the box with out overlapping/competing features.

6 Likes