Coming soon

Sick of all the analog mod stuff
give me digitalllll lol

6 Likes

I donā€™t want to get my hopes upā€¦ but I do! >_<

2 Likes

Hilarious LOL!!

Elektron listed 3 products at NAMM in Software, Synth and Electronic Keyboard. They could as well tease two machines sharing the same new GUI.

2 Likes

DigiGruv?

I watched all of those short videos again. There are some great sequences being done there. But what are they using for the video programming? Iā€™m not saying I think that has anything to do with what theyā€™re teasing. Iā€™m just curious what they use, Iā€™d love to have a giant projection of these that are synced to the music.

1 Like

Justā€¦ kidding

(Hope not, I have extreme GAS and it might as well be an Elektron)

Probably Max/MSP/Jitter

2 Likes

I need to get back into Ableton. I havenā€™t used it since Live 6. :confounded:

I hear ya!

There are some toys I need to play around with myself as soon as I get some more room on my plateā€¦

Anyone think thereā€™s a chance itā€™ll be announced before actual NAMM?

Makes it even harder to guess what the teaser teases. I donā€™t know the ā€œrulesā€ for NAMM, how the show is structured. Software could simply be Overbridge, but it could also be a software side update of an existing machine. The ā€œElectronic Keyboardā€ category irritates me a bit. Does this category stands for Keyboards only or for ā€œwith some sort of keys playable deviceā€?

Back to topic: I personally hope for some sort of drum machine. If it is a update for the Digitakt that adds good drum synth engines, iā€™ll get one. I own a Octatrack, so the Digitakt is not very interesting how it is at the moment, but with synthesis it would be a nice addition.

2 Likes

Maybe we all are right

1 Like

Or all wrongā€¦

I think a lower end all in one groovebox would make sense to cash in on the probably huge Overbridge investment and introduce new customers to the Elektron/Overbridge KoolAid. The twist could well be that itā€™s a combination of features from existing products in one unit so that it works well as a standalone box. Lower price point than the Digis, lots of mass appeal and the unique selling point that you can easily record your creations over USB (maybe not all tracks individually), lots of upselling potential, little cannibalization of existing products.

5 Likes

The digidrum on the MM had sample length and start on it, even though the actual drum samples couldnā€™t be edited. Drum sample per note for 2 octaves. Could do some wild stuff with them especially when combined with arp/beat repeat and effects.

yeah I agree with youā€¦the sample interface on the rytm mkii was disappointingā€¦felt like half a job!!! like you say though I really donā€™t think thatā€™s what they are getting at.

Youā€™re killing a dream

1 Like

I hope so. Noel is hiring scissor players. Finally my rockstar career can start

i do like the idea of rock paper scissors as a new type of conditionalā€¦ not sure how that would workā€¦ maybe as a neighbour track or trig.

ive always felt like thereā€™s room for ā€˜layeredā€™ trigs on elektron boxesā€¦ kinda like what you get on the rytm with the sample layerā€¦ Probability currently effects the trigā€¦ but what if it could effect multiple trigs on the same step? If scissors wins its 3 notes higher, if paper wins its got a reverb, if its rock then it has micro-timingā€¦ its a completely new ballpark for trigs but id love to see something like that from elektron in the future

for each trig you could just set the trig to rock paper scissors, then p lock what you want rock paper and scissors to individually be, and voila. everytime that trig is coming up the game plays out and bam, you get what you get

5 Likes