Coming soon

The letter font style is quite different. More likely a new machine instead of OS upgrade from the current line. Maybe it’s just a mixing machine :)))

that would be so great !

4 Likes

this is what i’ve been able to make out so far, i’ll update it as i go :smiley:

*edit sorry for butchering your beautiful iconography work elektron, just doing this quickfast :slight_smile:

36 Likes

Maybe a machine where it’s easy to switch from one to another

1 Like

Clues you say… hmmm

One minute = 60 seconds
Second 60
Second SFX60
Monomachine SFX60 MkII
Mono machine = one machine

Solved! :slight_smile:

22 Likes

One minute is also exactly how long it will take me to go from release to “Add to cart…”

11 Likes

Doing God’s work

3 Likes

5 Likes

Anew rythm machine
This will not be able to defect to ARmkII
which has the possibility of sampling

This new release even smarter
I’m little curious

Well if it’s a machine my guess would be that you can switch a track on the DT to a digital drum voice for instance in stead of sample voice. That would make things interesting with control all though… hm.

Maybe it is a new instrument. Your guess is as good as mine :wink:

4 Likes

I promise to be at least moderately interested & respectful no matter what it is!

2 Likes

Chaotic ctrl all across wildly different parameters is nothing new, see MD. I’d love to see an update like this for the DT!

1 Like

Numerical Position in list might well be the relevant dates of release.

2 Likes

music sounds like Bo from BoBeats… hehe

As so many cool machines have been coming out during the past 10 years and obviously there’s no stopping, I really think it’s might be time for me to go modular. I can’t justify getting machines over machines over machines… I have a hard time integrating all the cool machines but I really like them all. Sometimes it’s only one or two functions of a new machine that I am lusting for. Being overwhelmed by anything on top afterwards.
I really get most fun out of dedicated machines with knobby interface (in love with Lyra).
I’ll definitely won’t get rid of my MD but I won’t buy anything new.
It won’t save me any money but might keep me focused on what I need and want to achieve. For me, getting more and more features / machines lead to an input overload with no creative output.
(lying to myself of course)

3 Likes

I wouldn’t care to speculate because we’ll all know in a few days anyway, but I have a couple thoughts.

The sounds in the teaser video, though quite nice, don’t sound like anything that couldn’t be done on a RYTM or maybe A4. Not a dis, just a observation

I get why folks would hope for major updates, though it seems to me all the resources that gone into making OB a reality to give out for ‘free,’ wouldn’t they want to put out some new hardware they can sell?

My DT sat unused for months after I got an OT. I sold it a few days ago and felt a huge knot in my stomach as I dropped it off at the post office. Seems like there’s a fair chance I may regret it even more come Thursday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Am I the only one who’s thinking some of the icons might refer to different synthesis engines?? The rings and the waveform symbols seem like candidates for different synthesis methods. I might be remembering wrong, but I think Elektron may have used that twin sawtooth icon in the past?

I’m really curious about the infinity symbol (looping?) and that weird sloped rectangle. Wavetable or granular synthesis with some kind of contour controls? Some of the icons are really exotic and I’m wondering if we’ll be getting something nonstandard. Which is, you know, what Elektron has been generaly offering…

EDIT: The trailer is so deceptively…normal sounding it’s really hard to pin down. I’m also interested in why there are so many of the symbols. DT/DN have relatively few, mostly for visualizing the effects and overdrive… Could it be a deviation from the from factor?

6 Likes

definitely looks like some type of resonator/grains based thing. Might have something like clouds/rings in it :thinking:

4 Likes

probably modular

1 Like

Noooooo