Coming soon

new digital drum engine for DT would be so cool

4 Likes

I think itā€™s very misleading if this is just some update for the Digitakt, which I think Elektron wants to avoid doing from now on. If the description tag is ā€œNew Machineā€, then itā€™s probably a new machine.

2 Likes

One thing to considerā€¦ ā€œmachineā€ in Elektron terms doesnā€™t necessarily mean ā€œhardware boxā€. All of the different algorithms on MM and MD are referred to as ā€œmachinesā€.

9 Likes

I heard a rumor months ago from a music store employee that a small Elektron box potentially $400 or less would be coming out, they were speculating an FX box, maybe this is actually what was in the works, very curious to see pricing

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking of a synthesizer
Theory a strong memory capacity
With the ability to record multiple samples in one minute

And to dispatcher on the sequencer the samples by their type and with forms of synthesis adapted to the type

ā€¦wavetable like the last warldorf
For a faster work quality and
Execution on adapted sample processing

Totally glad Iā€™ve been able to ponder the mysteries on this and the NAMM thread for the last few weeks. Theyā€™ve certainly kept me entertained while on a forced vacation because of the U.S. government shutdown.

Do you think the mix of new and old iconography could point to the possibility of Elektron releasing a stand-alone performance mixer that brings together multiple generations of Elektron hardware? Old symbols - new applications? The tag line at the end ā€œjustā€¦:3lektron:ā€ referring to bringing them all together?

2 Likes

But that terminology hasnā€™t been used in the DT/DN lineup of devices. I feel like the ā€œdigital drum synthesis for DTā€ speculations are coming from a perhaps bit outdated point of view to Elektron products? Itā€™s not impossible, but Iā€™m not feeling it.

EDIT: I also think the architechture of DT is probably such that it would be very difficult to put in another ā€œmachineā€ into it. As far as I know Elektron devices used to be structured very differently than how DT/DN are.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking that! An actual ā€œDrum Computerā€ update for the Digitakt?

4 Likes

I KNEW they were coming out with something, they called me crazy ;-p . doesnt seem like a performance mixer like i had speculated. But doesnt a dedicated digi drum machine seem a lil redundant with the DT? If i HAD to guess at this point. Iā€™d say they figured out how to cram a MD into digi form, which would actually be INSANE.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s no chance this is an update to the DT IMHO

It seems very logical itā€™ll be a DN/DT sized heir to the MD heritage, perhaps with a small slice of MNM thrown in to make a more rounded groovebox

that fits in the product range gap they have

25 Likes

the caveat being, battery powered <33333

A machine synthesizing all the Elektronboxes
To develop my rhythm in the Elektron way

:elmd: :elmm: :elot:
all in one with sampling interest

1 Like

I also think a DT update isnā€™t realistic. Just look at the DTā€™s front panel and try to imagine drum synthesis for kick, snare, claps, hihats, bass added on. These boxes are about focused design. I donā€™t see how they could add so much and still keep the design as elegant as people love it for being.
If it is the case then I will happily eat my words, since my DT will basically double in value!

7 Likes

Yeah this is what Iā€™m thinking. All of their demo videos showcase sounds strictly from the related device. The word ā€œmachineā€ is a very strong word choice, so I think itā€™s a mix of MD and MNM in a Digi box. And from what is heard in the vid, that seems pretty likely.

6 Likes

touch screen ;-p

If they can add a touchscreen to the DT via an OS update then they truly are the best music hardware company.

2 Likes

new octatrack, actually understandable for humans?

12 Likes

Wavetable facilities installations in a Digitaktbox :wink:

2 Likes

Good point. That would be great. But I have no room left in my case (gotta catch 'm all!). So Iā€™m still hoping itā€™s an update to DT :grin:

5 Likes

currently the OT is only understood by humans ;-p

5 Likes