Coming soon

Totally agree.

In fact, if it’s not, a pox on the house Elektron cause it should be cause we know so.

2 Likes

Let’s also consider the fact that Elektron is listed as exhibiting (a) keyboard(s) at NAMM 2019. So we have something that judging by the demo audio can do both drums and synths and the iconography suggest potentially multiple synthesis engines…so…umm, are we getting some kind of Monomachine 2???

5 Likes

Digi sized with an analog dual VCO style bass engine with rest being samples. Analog filters? Doubt it. Yeah probably a Digtakt upgrade.

2 Likes

would there be a sufficient difference between the DN and a digi MM?

3 Likes

I agree - the drum leanings of the video are there to throw folk off the scent (as I read it)

3 Likes

Digital Cold - half rack size fx and mastering box with 8 inputs, precise EQ and advanced algorithms
EDIT: no midi tho

3 Likes

Have been looking at a Machinedrum.

Think I am going to wait and not buy anything for now.

I would much rather get something that is “future proof” :slight_smile:

Crossed fingers :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tend to think it’s a new box, rather than update to DT. But who knows, Dual VCO for Rytm was also kinda unexpected.

Either way would be nice to see a DT update with new filter modes, which Cenk was hinting on at NAMM 2 years ago, if I’m not mistaken

1 Like

Ahahaha… ditto…

But I’m a sucker for digital drum synthesis so if it’s a digital drum machine I’ll buy it anyway. If so, I won’t get the volca drum though :joy:

2 Likes

Or maybe it’s suggesting that it is a mutant child of both the MD and MNM. The symbols in the video seem to be hinting both percussion and synthesis operations.

5 Likes

hmm let’s speculate … it’s a 6 voice machinedrum + one track monosynth + one track video synth

1 Like

My speculation at this point is definitively some kind of device with a drum track and a couple of synth tracks, probably with a choice between few synth engines. It may or may not have a form factor different from the Digiboxes. Unit with a keyboard is very possible in my mind. Elektron might be looking to respond to popular demand for a new Monomachine type of device, and to perhaps to exploit the market gap left by OP-1 if it’s some kind of compact keyboard unit.

I could of course be horribly wrong, but I feel like there’s a lot going against it being just an update to existing products or a drum synthesizer.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Look, I know exactly what it is.

Seeing as I just re-bought a Monomachine, it’s an updated MnM.

It’s all there - drums, fm, wave synth.

Bastards.

5 Likes

It’s clearly an updated Machinedrum.

4 Likes

Yep - All speculation … the only given is that some folk will be disappointed - that’s all we really know :wink:

9 Likes

Sounds like a Analogue Drum machine combo. But wait…we have the Analogue 4 for that. Hmmm.

1 Like

Elektron’s version of a Full siZe op-1?

2 Likes

DigiMachine (has someone already said this? I get copyright if not)

1 Like

I would be down with any of this except for the keyboard. Seems like they have stayed away from keyboards for a very long time, plus I really don’t want anything from them with a keyboard.

4 Likes