Compressor AR OB

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before.
Am I correct to think that the compressor works on master only in AR? (I know, read the manual… but I am at work) - and if so, am I also correct in thinking that it will not work over OB multitrack mode (obviously) as it canno’t be assigned as an insert per. track?

Not that it’s a big deal at all to me, just curious. I guess you could stream just master and get the compressor on the group, but then obviously no multitracking.

If I understood Cenk correctly, it seems that you get the audio of the FX track by outputing the audio of the MIDI OB track in a separate audio track (I haven’t tried yet).
So you would get your compressed sound there, in a separate track.

Ah, yes, of course. But then you wouldn’t have enough bandwith to run separate outs on all the other channels I guess :slight_smile:

What I do so far is outputting all the separate outs within OB, and get the main outs from the audio out of the AR through my mixer.
I haven’t pushed it further than that, no real deep mixing, but at least for recording sessions this works pretty well.

Yeah, that’s what I thought about doing as well. Thanks for reply! :slight_smile: