Computer Video Game Recommendations

Needed a hobby to get into and new games to discover as next gen has been a major flop so far, to me, so I bought a gaming pc. I don’t have the time or energy right now to focus on building one, having just started a new career, so I just found the best set up I could find with limited knowledge.

Got a liquid cooled cyberpowerpc with a 10th gen 10 core i9 10850, 3.6 ghz (up to 5.2), 16 gigs of ram upgraded to 32, 1.5 TB on two M.2 NVMe (added a TB), and 2 Tb HDD and an RTX 3070.

It’s amazing. Series X likely going to be sold off. I’m only keeping my PS5 for exclusives.

Chernobylite is pretty cool, Enderal is cool, Metro Exodus looks unreal, and old games like Jade Empire are on my list as well.

2 Likes

First the 2019 trailer which is full of synths
and second a more recent one which is very funny.

I played the beta on Stadia some months back. Quite a fun Civ alternative that will hopefully have had some rough edges smoothed.

I’m currently addicted to Hades though. What a game.

1 Like

I loved all of their games.
From mechanics to aesthetics, a great little French studio full of talent.

Sorry guys’n’gals… But I really believe the Doom Eternity is THE ONE!
It’s more than just a game, it’s a work of art, it’s a new philosophy, it’s fkkn killer timekiller : )

Would love to see something which can be as kool as DOOM! : )

1 Like

Reviews for Psychonauts 2 are beginning to show up and they pretty unanimously praise the game. While I cannot recommend it, as I haven‘t played it yet, this for me is the most anticipated sequel ever.

3 Likes

I actually hated the new mechanics at first, and put the game down for a few months. I approached it again with a more open mind the next time, and I have to say, it really is pretty amazing. I couldn’t put it down after that. It also looks absolutely gorgeous with the new RTX patch. Doom 3 is still my favorite, just because the setting was much darker, I liked the survival aspects, etc. but Eternal is right up there with it now. (I also loved 2016, but now I think I like Eternal just a tiny bit more.)

1 Like

I MUST get this immediately. I think the first one is probably one of the most played games in my household. The kids replay it once a year more or less, and it still makes me laugh to this day. Can’t wait to play the second one.

2 Likes

I picked up Axiom Verge 2 on the Switch. I’ll grab it on Steam when it eventually hits there as well. I hate Epic, so I won’t buy it from their shop.

Anyway, it’s very different from the first, while still maintaining a similar feel. I think I prefer the setting of the first one a bit, but this one is incredibly good as well. Definitely recommend it.

I had the chance to spend an hour or so with the PS4 version running on a PS5 and it clicked right away. It just oozes creativity and the love for video games all over. If anything, it’s me who’s now 16 years older and priorities have shifted, but still I’m very much looking forward to playing more of it.

2 Likes

Picked it up last night, and my kids ended up playing it way too late :smiley:

It looks nice from the bits I saw. I’ll have to play it when they’re done.

I’m streaming it from my main game computer to the living room via Steam Link. It’s working flawlessly.

2 Likes

IIRC Zork was fun

1 Like

Got one of these on the way so I can play some GBA and get back into LSDJ. Maybe I’ll even go really wild and do another FFVIII playthrough…

1 Like

not computer but IOS opuzzle game to wire a sound system. wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be…

I have one of those automated systems for my phone that companies have (press 1 to…press 2 for…)
I’m trying to replicate Zork on it…

I managed to play for a couple more hours and it’s really more of what made the first part so memorable for me. Quirky, likable characters that really come alive and a ton of funny little details, left, right and center. It’s got a bit of a retro supervillain vibe to it, which is subtly underlined by the soundtrack.
Gameplay wise it’s solid, but not spectacular, though some ideas are nothing short of brilliant. Same in the graphics department. It’s very well designed, but without gratuitous use of eye candy. I love it so far.

2 Likes

I’ve been giving Apple Arcade a little whirl. Shinsekai: Into the Depths is pretty enjoyable if you like Metroid-vania type games. The underwater environment is very relaxing. Best with headphones and a good controller.

1 Like

Chivalry 2 - a lot of fun

3 Likes

Great fun until you get on a losing streak and have your head chopped off repeatedly for an hour :joy:

1 Like

i just imagine me as a berserker - when my head chopped - my soul flight into walhalla… wait - chivalry is very similar to walhalla!

1 Like