Computer Video Game Recommendations

I was surprised I could still play it like before actually. Better even. I hadn’t touched it in over a year, but the muscle memory is all there.

I also can’t wait for Silksong. :smiley:

1 Like

as a passionate gamer, i have to contribute !

Some of my favs like ‘Control’, ‘Portal’ , ‘Half-Life (series)’ of course have already been mentioned.

But i’m baffled that one game has not been mentioned here, especially if you like ‘Portal’, as it is also a first-person puzzle game: “The Talos Principle”

Made by Croteam (Serious Sam series, but an entirely different game in any way) it’s the puzzle game that surpassed Portal, truely.

It’s full of secrets (the stars, collect the stars ! ), easter eggs, has a cool story & music, builds up the difficulty good (early game will be easy for Portal veterans, but the ending tough…).

It’s also regularly on sale on Steam and i can’t recommend it enough, believe it’s als on X-Box game-pass.

And when the main game is over, the DLC is where the magic (and hardest puzzles) begin, hard from start to finish !

I can’t recommend this enough for every puzzle game fan !

(edit, how to embed youtube video’s?)
Edit² : found it :wink:

5 Likes

Some cool games I recommend :

2 Likes

I played talos principle on switch last year and really enjoyed it a lot. Some philosophical aspects the game throws at the player give the game a really unique mood. I only found it a tad too long, but just had to solve every puzzle anyway. Haven’t touched the dlc yet, but I’m looking forward to it.

1 Like
  • 1 for shadow tactics, my favorite game ever! Also there is desperados 3 from the same dev Team, it’s excellent too.
2 Likes

do it ! DLC is shorter, but the levels & puzzles are all beautiful an clever. the star puzzles are insanely difficult, it’s quite the challenge !

Enjoy it :wink:

1 Like

The very good Mini Metro

Offers an even better sequel, Mini Motorways :

A music which is composed with the sound effects and which is very pleasant.

3 Likes

I used to put hours into Mini Motorways. Was the game that persuaded me to try Apple Arcade. Much fun and a nice level for difficulty that ramps up to concussion quickly enough without leaving you totally stressed

2 Likes

Two game license keys to give here …
Steam: Last oasis

Gog (no DRM): Encodya and Disjunction

Don’t hesitate, nothing is sadder than a bored key in a file!

The Ascent is pretty amazing if you have the hardware to run it. It’s a Cyberpunk action RPG (fairly light on the RPG side) and twin-stick style controls. It looks absolutely incredible with RTX. It’s not a terribly complex game, but does everything it does very well. The price is also excellent for a game of this quality. I definitely recommend it.

1 Like

Superb without RTX too !
Ruiner and The ascent create a long-awaited atmosphere at this level of detail.
Completely won over.

1 Like

I still need to play Ruiner! I have it, but haven’t gotten to it yet.

Another one that’s cool (though 100% action) is Nex Machina. Worked on by the creator of Robotron no less.

1 Like

I have it too and I liked it.

observer system redux on PS4.i have also been sampling it over the last couple of days aswell

1 Like

For any MicroProse fans:

1 Like

talos principle was really great! it and the witness are up there with 2 of my favorite puzzle games. I should give the dlc a go.

1 Like

I read/watched a Kotaku piece on this and instantly wanted to try it.

It kind of takes something odd/frustrating/challenging to grab me these days. I can barely be arsed with most FPSs for example - seen it all before.

This looked like something I would either loathe or love. Worth a punt for sure if it appears on Mac or Xbox at any point.

1 Like

yes, great soundtrack.
can recommend hotline miami 1, which can be quite a rush.
hotline miami 2 however was a bit disappointing, the long levels, the sneaking… it just didn’t have the same effect on me.

2 Likes

Yes it is on the second it was not the same “slap”.

Small game (4 levels), beautiful, very cool gameplay, good sound, low price …
Excellent discovery. It remains to harass the dev so that he makes him grow.

3 Likes