Computer Video Game Recommendations

Gamepass and play anywhere games are two different things, right?
I have no problem with play anywhere games that I buy and that I only play on pc.

In any case, playing on Xbox, Playstation or Nintendo seems to me extremely counterproductive and even harmful for video games.

Then play anywhere makes no sense. It was the promise to play on xbox or pc if the game is available on both.

I think I already posted on here, but the new Hitman trilogy on PC is great.

1 Like

How many of you guys are playing more than one game at a time? IĀ“d rather not, but I have the strong feeling itĀ“s going to be parallel computing the next few month :joy:

Zelda and Diablo and Dead Space Remake

2 Likes

I have over a hundred favorite games on steam from lots of different genres and Iā€™m playing around with them all the time. Apart from the RPGs that I try to do in one block, parallel gaming is my daily life. I even have quite a few backups that have been running for several years. Pangaming?

2 Likes

Yea. I started Cyberpunk when it came out. Still not finished. Elden Ring still in it.

3 Likes

Iā€™m playing it too and this is driving me bananas. Beautiful game, though!

1 Like

Crusader Kings 3 got updated. I didnā€™t think it could get more addictive. Yet it just did.

Obviously itā€™s a conscious design choice and I can see why theyā€™ve chosen it (to their credit, you can always pause the game regardless of whatā€™s happening). But theyā€™ve fluffed the balance - way too many examples of a long talk followed by a horde ride (with more talking, and occasionally you canā€™t even sprint) followed by investigating an area followed by tracking some footprintsā€¦ none of that is gameplay - unlike, say, Arkham Asylum, the investigations might as well be cutscenes.

The other day Iā€™d just started talking to one of the musicians when my wife arrived back from the allotment. I got up, let her in, went and opened the back door, got the garage key, opened the garage, helped her get her bike through the house, put the kettle on and shut the front door, and when I sat down he was still talking.

Itā€™s frustrating because with the various armours and charms they give players a range of genuinely diverse options as to how to approach each challenge, but the real challenge is getting to the next batch of actual gameplay. The climbing is the same - thereā€™s never any risk or skill involved, and even if you deliberately fluff a jump in a suicidal act of desperation, you just get put back where you were.

As you say, itā€™s certainly beautiful, but it needs more game.

1 Like

Will need to check if this is still broken on Steam Deck. Miss playing CK3.

1 Like

I agree, I decided to just put it on easy and coast through, almost like Iā€™m watching episodes of a TV show. It doesnā€™t reward your time the way, say, Elden Ring does. But I love the vibe

Playing Ocarina of Time on my 3DS, Tears of the Kingdom on my Switch, various old shoot ā€˜em ups on my MiSTer, and at the end of the week Iā€™ll be playing the System Shock remake on my PC. :grin:

Focus is on Tears right now, because Iā€™m extremely low on time, and the Switch keeps me around my family.

When I start System Shock though, Iā€™ll be spending some time at the desk, lights off, sound up!

I havenā€™t had the sort of time blocks necessary for Cyberpunk, so itā€™s still on the back burner for me. Upside is that when I play, all the updates will be there from the start, and Iā€™ll be 2 generations newer on my GPU. Planning to pick up a 4070Ti at some point later in the summer.

My kids need some trickle down upgrades for their PCs, so thatā€™ll benefit everyone! :wink: