Computer Video Game Recommendations

4 Likes

Outer wilds : SiFi space exploration experience
Nuclear throne : twin stick roguelike shooter
Super Meat Boy : 2D platformer
The last of us : narrative post-apocaliptical adventure (PS4)
The witness : puzzle exploration
Baba is you : puzzly puzzeling puzzles
Valiant hearts : cartoony but historical point & click about war
Dishonored : infiltration with badass powers in beautifull steampunk architectures
Samurai Gunn : multiplayer ā€œ(s)kill your friendsā€ game with just three bullets and a katana
Papers please : youā€™re an immigration official, check papers, take decisions
Badland : one button ā€œplateformerā€ in very a special world
Out there : space roguelike
Gorogoa : very different puzzly exploration

7 Likes

You should play Return to Obra Dinn. Itā€™s Popeā€™s most recent game. It will suck you in.

Absolutely beautiful game. One can get it cheaper on smart phone, and itā€™s more convenient to play it that way I would imagine

2 Likes

Pretty sure I have actually seen that one, but especially with that game itā€™s mostly people dying over and over again haha

1 Like

I like it very much because im a big fan of the original movie

2 Likes

Iā€™m on my third play through of Red Dead Redemption 2 and itā€™s just as good the third time around.

2 Likes

What games donā€™t last a short whileā€¦? My friends still play it quite often.

many from the list I posted earlier.
You askedā€¦

2 Likes

I have to say this trailer is extraordinary, itā€™s a compelling watch, do give it the 10+minutes, it feels strangely pertinent to our times

It looks amazing, i believe the narration is not a part of the actual game, but my son and i just watched the trailer and weā€™re curious if it stacks up against the anticipation buzz we get from this cleverly constructed clip - does it bear repeated plays, is it slow or whatever ? just curious for any insights - we donā€™t do any shooting type games, so if thatā€™s your metric it may not rank highly

no biggie, but the trailer is worth a watch if you havenā€™t seen or considered it, itā€™s quite relaxing and very watchable - the gameā€™s cheap but we donā€™t need to add something that may only get one outing - Dreams is on the turntable right now, super creative and educational, but something relaxing to escape to could be nice

11 Likes

Bought and working fine on Mac. Many thanks for the tip - what memories!

2 Likes

Lmao I have like 200 hours logged into death stranding , you can find snowbaord runs I set up with signs and ski lifts cuz I used to be a chair lift operator at a ski resort ! Lol :joy:

4 Likes

think Iā€™m gonna check out Division2 on ps4. no more fitting time than the present

2 Likes

If you loved those OG Sierra games check out that Disco Elysium game I mentioned. Took me back to those early adventure games. Sierra is one of my all time favorite developers. I remember being so gutted when the went belly up.

3 Likes

Got some serious flashbacks with that opening segment.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll run you thru my Psn is : gloomsofficial then go look at my profile banner image xD

Iā€™m divison pro ! Lol Iā€™ll run anyone thru that game 3rd person shooters are my Fav! I might have some privacy setting so you might not be able to send me a request so send me a PM with your PSN anyone who wants to :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thanks a mill Glooms :slight_smile:
Iā€™m not big into multiplayer stuff these days (used to me mad into counterstrike tho) so Iā€™m not on ps+ for the moment.
I already own Div1 but havenā€™t played it since it first released. do you think Div2 is worth buying over Div1 purely for the single player campaign? on initial release D1ā€™s open world felt a bit lifeless but i know its had loads of updates since. :thinking:

2 Likes

Chrono trigger
Metal gear solid (they are all epic)
Final fantasy 7
Shadow of the colossus
Hotline Miami
Control
Doom (2016)

3 Likes

The Cave

2 Likes

there actually is a clever switch up, but if you donā€™t enjoy the base game it might not be for youā€¦

yes, stephens sausage roll is amazing, very hard though. you might like baba is youā€¦

1 Like

2 not very known games that havenā€™t seen in this thread:
towerclimb - inspired by spelunky, but very much itā€™s own thing, takes some dedication.
zero ranger - a shmup, and i normally donā€™t even like theseā€¦

2 Likes