Computer Video Game Recommendations

I did however play this one ship game where in the settings you change the screen orientation and actually turn your TV on its side and it literally looked like a arcade cabinet screen! Oh it was called “Ikaruga” was Japanese ship forward shooter where you have to change your ship through out the level to deafest certain enemies ! I’m also really good at those ship games liek 1942 game for NES was my first. Oh and here’s a video of the Dreamcast DAW

took forever to make music in it like using older DAW on the computer but the samples they provide are great , also for PS1 there was MTV music generator or in Europe is was called music 2000 or some shit I burned that one too it had way cooler features than the OTOIRE sequencer liek video editing and had some sick break loops ls but OTOIRE has great one shots and kits. Both are really slow compared to ableton and fruity loops Hehehehe . But worth it to say hey I made a track on my ps1 or a dreamcast (take that chiptune community ! )

1 Like

Everything from https://playdead.com

5 Likes

I love the Fallout games, although I’m not particularly good at them which is a shame.

2 Likes

http://www.armagetronad.org

you call it simple, i call it minimal :smile:

“train them for the games, let them hope for a while, and then blow them away”

tron fights for the users.

1 Like

These are Playstation based, but here are my all time favorites — most of which have also spectacular music & audio:

Journey (amazing music by Austin Wintory)
Inside (stunning sound design by Martin Stig Andersen — read this: https://blog.prosoundeffects.com/expressive-machines-martin-stig-andersens-award-winning-game-audio-for-inside)
Everything (beautiful music by Ben Lukas Boysen & Sebastian Plano)
Last of Us (also beautiful music by Gustavo Santaolalla)
Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture (some of the best game music I’ve ever heard by Jessica Curry)
Ico, Shadow of the Colossus and Last Guardian are all stunning and have a cool minimalist approach to sound (I wish they remade Ico for the newer generation of PS!)
Red Dead Redemption 2 — extremely well done, good writing and awesome soundtrack with music by Daniel Lanois, Arca, Colin Stetson etc
Uncharted 4 — great writing and directing, feels like a movie
Assassin’s Creed games are great adventures in stunning historical settings, although I always expect more of their story and style
Steep always makes me want to start snowboarding again (the soundtrack is quite cool too and the score even has some handpan on it, which I play)

Now that I think of it, I find it interesting that the better the music, the more I like the game!

6 Likes

I can’t wait for last of us 2. looks unreal :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Alien:Isolation

5 Likes

had another:

Star Control 2

I originally played it on Panasonic 3DO but you can get a solid free version that runs on both mac and pc called Urquan Masters
Amazing game for the time, huge star map that represents our actual galaxy (and more).
I have to admit I needed to use a guide at times as it’s pretty huge and hard.

2 Likes

So hyped for it too man, it looks unreal. The original is one of the all time best.

I started replaying Read Dead Redemption 2 again, as I’d finished it and totally forgotten most of the story. It’s a mind blowing achievement even on PS4, defo the best thing rockstar have done and I grew up on their games from the original GTA.

They’ve made some great games too Bully, Manhunt, The Warriors…

3 Likes

Half Life Alyx came out, it’s VR though. But man does it catch the atmosphere! Well, according to the gameplay videos at least :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

It’s a lot I agree ! More than me (I’m in a little half of this) but when I see hours played on other steam comments/player I’m laughing, this game is really cool and take so much time :laugh:
AI is really good…
Pretty sad because the last upgrade with new mode won’t work on my computer, but I play with so much mods so it’s still fun :slight_smile:

Have fun while confining dude :space_invader:

2 Likes

might be the best $ vs time game I’ve bought… was like $10 on sale when I got it…

4 Likes

yea last of us 1 is super sick. the flow in combat on the demos of 2 are pretty jaw dropping. I have yet to really get into red dead. I struggle with concentration span these days :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

lol I do have to say that relaxed open expanse is what kept me into it for a short while. Most of my friends who liked space simulators or flight simulators were attracted to it.

1 Like

^ here’s the catch.

2 Likes

The main reason I was instantly hooked on GTA3 was the soundtrack. I’m mad for their stations.

1 Like

I just want to watch someone play that. I’m way too chicken shit to play that sort of thing myself though…

2 Likes

Krakout and River Raid on C64!!!
Lotus 2 and Moonstone on Amiga!!!
These, I still play today… And those Cracktro music + visuals… Amazing… Have been on the amiga a lot these past days! There is something very charming of Amiga and C64 - I guess its nostalgia…

Been messing around on a hacked PS3 lately too, playing Burnout Revenge and Katamari Damacy + other PS2 / PS1 games.
I am on the PS4 too. Dataline is the PSN name, if anybody wants to add!

OH! Pinball FX3 on PS4 is just magic!!! Great Williams tables on it!!!

Also Retropie… Its insane how much gaming you can get out of a rasberry + 128gb SD card. But, its not as good as the originals. I can really notice it when comparing it to Amiga, C64 and PS1 games.

Oh running SCUMMVM on retropie or PC is great too!! Recently started Larry Love For Sail and LOOM… They are such good games!

Yes - I game a lot. :pig:

10 Likes

PARAPA THE RAPPER!!! haha :clown_face:

6 Likes

Defender on spectrum 48k

1 Like