Conditions on parameters?

Hello. This is my second post here as a new DT owner so bear with me…
Is it possible to apply conditions to a particular steps parameters? So instead of having say a 1:5 chance of the step triggering, its a 1:5 chance of the pitch (or cutoff or whatever) changing while the step keeps playing…
Hope that makes sense.
Cheers

1 Like

Nope, they only effect the trigs.

You can kind of fake it by basically layering 2 trigs and using the -pre command in conjunction with the trig condition on the first trig to make an alternate sound.

3 Likes

can you give more specifics about what you’re trying to do? if you have a long sample playing and want the cutoff to change at some point you can apply a condition (1:5 or 50% or whatever) to a trigless trig (func + 1-16 step), but I’m not sure if that’s what you mean.

also the 1:5 means that whatever you have on that step will play the 1st time each 5 cycles of a pattern.

I hope this helps.

3 Likes

You could put micro-timed trigless trigs right before and after the trig in question and apply conditions to them.

2 Likes

This should work with 3 trigs, but little artifacts may occur. Especially with trigs vs lock trigs, because of sample retrigging.

Usually I use only 2 alterned trigs. No artifacts this way. Ex :

1. Step 5 : Trig, no microtiming, settings A, trig condition 50%*

2. Step 6 : Trig, microtiming -23, settings B, trc /PRE

With 3 trigs, I’d use something like that :

1. Step 4 : Trig, microtiming +23, settings A, trig condition 50%

2. Step 5 : Trig, no microtiming, settings B, trc /PRE

3. Step 6 : Trig (or Lock trig), microtiming -23, settings C, trc 33%

*(@Skip65 you can set it to 80% to have 1:5 chance for setting B)

3 Likes

Amazing, thanks for all the suggestions so far!

1 Like

As others have noted, micro-timing an adjacent step is the closest you can likely get.

If you’re open to adding gear to your collection, the OP-Z has this capability. It offers three different conditions: trigger active, parameter lock active, and step components active. The DT has FAR superior build quality and IMO a better overall user experience, but the OP-Z has some very clever tricks up its sleeve.

1 Like

If you haven’t used up all your midi tracks (or using midi in port for anything else), it’s also possible to use midi tracks to send conditional CC plocks to the audio track parameters

1 Like

Awesome. Cheers for all the replies :slight_smile: