Confused about the labeling on Digitakt

I bought my Digitakt used and cant figure out why the Snare trigger has a cowbell…the Tom trigger is a clap…the clap is a cymbal and so on. Do i need to do something to get these lined back up or are the labels worthless?

Thanks in advance!

Ernie

Since it’s a sampler , you can put any sound you like … and that’s probably what the former owner did and you should too .

1 Like

Right. I get that but I would like it to default to the sounds I want in a new pattern. Thanks for the reply

I guess if you bought it used the best option is to either load a new project which will have the standard sounds in it or perform a factory reset… described here:

"
16.3 FACTORY RESET

When performing a factory reset on the Digitakt, it will overwrite and re-initialize the active RAM project (including all pattern and global data). The +Drive project slot 1 will be overwritten and re-initialized with factory preset patterns, Sounds and settings. Sound bank A will be overwritten with the factory Sounds.

If you wish to keep the active project, remember to save it to a +Drive project slot higher than 1 before you perform a factory reset. To perform a factory reset, press the [TRIG 3] key.
"

Thank you sir. I have reset it…but the only way it defaults to the correct sounds is if I load a new project. Its possible I do not understand how the Project structure works. I’m new to Elektron.
Update: I see now I can load the “Presets” project. I think that is what is confusing. I guess I assumed the factory preset samples would line up with the labels. My mistake. Curious if yours does the same thing in the Presets Project.

That’s what you want, a new Project. Make it your own and check if the labelling is relevant. At first, the DT was meant to be a Drum sampler so that’s why you have a labelling but this labelling disappeared on the newest drum oriented Elektron device (Syntakt).

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I have the Syntakt too and noticed it was gone. Appreciate you guys Thank you

2 Likes

The labeling applies to the default kit only. The minute you start changing samples they can be anything you want. I try to keep some kind of organization though where certain tracks are for long music samples and others are for certain drum parts.

Normally I just put cowbells on all the triggers

4 Likes