Confusion over clearing a specific lock

Hey everyone.

I have a track on which a given trig has a parameter lock on trig condition. It also has other parameter locks, e.g. on sample bit rate.

How can I clear just the trig condition lock, but not the others? If I hold the trig then press clear, it clears all locks on that trig.

According to this reply, to clear a specific parameter lock (e.g. trig condition) for a specific trig I should:

• Hold the trig
  • Press the encoder you want to clear (trig condition)
  • Press NO

This does indeed bring up a message saying “Clear trig condition”, but it doesn’t actually do it. When I release the trig, then press and hold it again, the condition override still shows. I expected it to go back to the track’s general setting for trig condition (i.e. unconditional).

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

To remove a parameter lock from a trig just hold the trig and press the encoder once. No need to press no as well.

Holding no and pressing an encoder works in live recording mode so you can remove a locked parameter on multiple trigs in a sequence when the sequence is playing.

1 Like

Oh yeah! Thanks for that. So what’s the other approach (the one I detailed) for? Many thanks.

Edited my reply to add that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got it, appreciate the quick response.

1 Like