Connecting Digitakt to audio interface, Volt 476p

Hey all, quick question, wanting to connect Digitakt to my interface, wondering what leads should be used for this, two separate leads into two separate inputs? This would allow me to pan? Or is there a lead that has both L and R out from the Digitakt and one at the other end, going into one input on the interface, basically what I’m trying to put is play the Digitakt into the interface to then record in GarageBand, for reference i also record guitars and vocals into the interface, I’ve got two inputs left.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Continuing the discussion from Connecting Digitakt to audio interface, Volt 476p:

Note, i did try a single cable from the headphone out into the input of the interface, i could here the DT but the panning didn’t work, possibly due to the cable being a patch cable for guitar pedals? Cheers!

• connect one 1/4" instrument cable from the left DT output (labeled “Left”) to one input of your interface
  • connect one 1/4" instrument cable from the right DT output (labeled “Right”) to another input of your interface
  • pan the first input hard left and the second input hard right in your DAW
1 Like

Ah yes, that has worked indeed, however i have a new problem, :sob:, in order for me to be able to pan and listen to the panned patterns fro DT i have to hit “mono” button off on the interface, problem now is my guitar is on the right and so is my vocal, :man_facepalming:, seems i cant have the panning in both my ears as well the guitar and mic being central. This was just me going straight into the mixer and not going into GarageBand yet.

Thanks and any more input would be great!

The issue is you’re using an interface not a mixer :slight_smile: GarageBand is your mixer so you’d need to be monitoring from its master not direct monitoring your inputs. Think of your interface as purely that, a way to interface your gear to your DAW.

You should still be able to use your interface the way you need - you’d just be monitoring an output not your input.

Edit: Looks like this is yout interface - so basically you’d be monitoring output 1-2 probably, and you’d have Garageband outputting to your interface on those channels. Have your inputs assigned to tracks in Garageband as either Mono or Stereo sources and you’re set.

Yeah thats right! I’ll try that setup tommorow, I’ve a funny feeling though that unless i hit the mono button on the interface then I’ll still have the same issue, I’ll report back.

You’d just be monitoring a single stereo channel - how those inputs are distributed in Garageband is up to you :+1:

For example in Live (I don’t use garageband sorry) this is how you’d manage that (you’d see another set for 3/4 as well)

And then youd have your master channel in Garageband output to that channel pair.

Ok cheers ill have a go at this tommorow, Garagband doesn’t have a dedicated mixer so its going to be interesting, so it might look like this, track 1 vocal, track 2 guitar, track 3 DT left and track 4 DT right.

I’ll give it a go!

Garageband acts as a mixer. Each of your tracks in garageband is a stereo track - you assign your inputs to those tracks and they’ll all go to a master - you monitor the master :slight_smile:

If it didn’t mix then you’d only be able to listen to one track at a time.

It’ll all make sense soon!

Sorted! Track one vocal, Two guitar, Tracks Three using inputs Three + Four from the left and right output of the DT!

Great, thanks to you both!

1 Like

Pleasure glad you got it sorted!! :raised_hands: