Considering the Options - Rytm only

I use my Rytm as a companion when doing work-related travelling. A lot.

https://soundcloud.com/zabong/considering-the-options

1 Like

The Rytm is awesome. Probably the hardware I would keep if allowed to keep just one

1 Like

You are so right. I will team it with a Novation Circuit, which opens for me synthesis of stabs and chords instead of canned chord samples (plus more tracks and voices). But still, in a pinch, the Rytm can do almost everything by itself.

Thanks for listening in!

Karsten

great work! following you on sc.

1 Like

Haven’t really gotten anything too outrageous out of my Rytm yet. They say to put some samples into it, but I really find it annoying to use a computer at all. I wish it could just sample on the fly.

Hi,

the Rytm is, in my opinion, actually best used together with the computer when doing sound design. The reason is the VST - it easily negates the clunky user interface of the machine itself. It can be programmed like a modern VST with a lot of screen real estate.

Additionally I put in some 30 folders of samples, mostly classic drum machines, single cycle wave forms and -chains, chords and some vocal samples. After uploading a nice selection, you don’t need to do more, you can use the VST to browse the stuff. On the machine itself - well, the small screen is not too good for browsing a few thousand samples.

After selecting the samples and programming the sounds of a kit, you can program the rythms and melodies nicely on the machine itself; it is a great performance tool and sequencer after all.

Best,

K

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try it this weekend before I write it off completely. It is a great tune BTW.

As always, great and inspiring work.