Controlling external synth

I just got a MD MKII and i have a Micro brute synth from Arturia, which by the way sound huge for a so called Micro one.
How is it possible to trigger the Micro’ s sound with MD? Is it in map editor, with midi mapping? How to convert notes in letter, is there an universal protocol? Both are my first hardware gear so i’m not familiar with these topics and the manual doesn’t help enough. And i try hard, can’t wait actually.
Thanks to all of you and glad to join the crew!

In the global menu set the MD master channel to --. One selection below channel 1. This way the MD will not send midi for the other MD tracks controlling the internal synth (you can change this setting later if needed and you learn a bit more). Find out what channel your micro route is set to receive midi. In the kit edit menu place a midi machine on a track, you select which channel will be used here.

Now switch to that track, place some trigs, p-lock some note values, lengths, ect.

i think you wanted to say MD MIDI channel. But it doesn’t work. Enclosed a video of what i try to reach. It’s not a MD but it works the same…i believe. Thanks for you support anyway
http://www.igorski.nl/experiment/websid

oups, wrong link, but check the other one as well, it’s alla bout fun!

what about the audio out of the synth?

You want to select the Midi machine that corresponds to the track your external synth is receiving on. So if you had the Brute set to channel 12, you would then select Midi machine 12. You would p-lock notes to make your sequence.

You could then set up an input machine on another machine track to process the audio from the inputs (assuming that is what you meant by your audio question). The MD will not just pass audio unless you create an input machine to listen to the inputs. Don’t forget to set trigs on the input machine, or you won’t hear anything. Hope that helps.