Cool Doug Love - 64 - a hip-hop beat tape on the Digitakt

I decided to celebrate my birthday with a beat tape. It’s a bunch of things that you might have heard versions of if you’ve been listening to my stuff for a while.

I named it 64 after the maximum amount of patterns that can be chained together. And that’s what it is. One long pattern chain.

The synth stuff was made on my Digitone, Modal Skulpt and Craft Synth 2.0, and my Uno Synth. I also used the Sampletrak to process a lot of it.

It’s on bandcamp for $3 if you’re feeling especially generous.

And it’s also on youtube in case you want confirmation that this is indeed one long pattern chain.

Either way. Thanks for listening. I appreciate it.

24 Likes

Happy birthday/beatday. Enjoyed the sweet jamz. Thank you.

1 Like

Can’t wait to check this out @Doug. What a great way to celebrate your birthday

1 Like

Thanks y’all!

That beat from 8:25 is super dope! Reminds me of Premier’s stuff for Jeru the Damaja. Sort of a My Mind Spray vibe.

1 Like

Really nice beats. Love the punch of the drums. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

This is superb! I’m getting flashbacks to my younger heavy-weed-smoking years :slight_smile:

Particularly around 8 minutes. Amazing 90s stoned hip-hop vibes there.

1 Like

Only getting a chance to listen to this properly now. A belated happy birthday. Some great beats on here. Props to you - classic sounds right through to kinda synthwave meets hip-hop

2 Likes

It’s funny because that was not in my head at all when I was making it. But it used to actually sound more like it because it originally had a little arpeggio that I decided to take out.

And again, I really appreciate everyone taking the time to check it out. And extra shouts to the folks that threw a few bucks in the old hat.

2 Likes