Copy a sound locked pattern between projects

I have having trouble with one aspect of Pattern copying and that is Sound Locks. If I copy a Pattern between projects the Sound Locks do not persist. Everything else does – even other parameter locks.

When I say Sound Locks, I referring to “changing a tracks Sound to another Sound from the Sound pool on any individual sequencer step” (10.19.2 Digitone manual). I am assuming this is because the locks are based on the Pool which is not shared between Projects.

Is there any way to persist the Sound Locks and Pool in an inter-Project pattern copy? Can I copy the sound Pool between Projects? I am working on a live set based off various jams in multiple other Projects in my +Drive.

I could save the Project as a template and start a fresh one off that but that would only get the Patterns in that Project.

Maybe a feature request.

Seem possible.

Sound Manager
Left arrow > view pool
Select all Sounds
Right arrow > copy to a bank
Go to the other project
Copy all Sounds to the pool

3 Likes

This helped so much!

Now that the Pool is copied to the new project, all my Sound Locked Patterns are now working. Crazy that this worked retroactively (Pool copy happened after the Pattern copy). Had small bit of hope that I’d be able to re copy the Patterns after the Pool but this did the trick without any extra effort.

Still pretty green with Elektron but I can’t get over how amazing and intuitive this stuff is.

Big thanks @sezare56 <3

1 Like

One thing I want to add for those who may dig this up, the contents of the copied Pool have to be in the same order. It seems (and would make sense), that the Pattern’s Sound Locks reference the index of the Sound in the Pool for the Lock

3 Likes

I am trying to do the same thing, but after copying the sound pool to a bank, how do I access this bank in the new project? Is it also in sound manager?

Yup

you can press BANK + TRIGs to access a specific bank
then select all (it will only select contents of that bank) and copy to soundpool. :heart_decoration: