Cracked octatrack front plastic

So no I managed to crack the front plastic of my Octatrack. The screen is still fine and everything works perfectly, there is just a crack in the plastic. Can anyone speak to how challenging a repair this would be? I have good experience with general repair, but not really with adhesive stuff as much. Anyone replace their octatrack front plastic?

Maybe contact Elektron first, to have an estimation.

1 Like

Well if it’s anything like a Game Boy: not very challenging: basically just heat the glue a little and pry/pull the old screen cover up, clean off the remaining residue, and stick a new screen cover down. Elektron should be able to send you a replacement.

1 Like

leave it, it looks cool

1 Like

Not sure if would help :
Remove plastic scratches on screen

I removed and glued my MD screen a few times, but never repaired a brocken one.

Wanting to keep my OT, I’d leave it as is if was not possible to change it, instead of trying to repair it.

I think it should be possible to get a new one from Elektron for a decent price…

I used a double side tape for my MD, which seem to be the original way. Before I used “super glue”/cyanolite, wasn’t a good idea…

I have. Very simple. The fix is about $14 CAD so maybe $10 USD plus shipping.

Take the faceplate off. Grab a blow dryer. Heat up the old plastic cover to remove it. If you want clean the old adhesive with some rubbing alcohol on the faceplate. Let dry/dry it.

The new one comes with a screen protector on it and on the backside has a screen protector with a tab to it. Once you are ready, leave the front plastic film on until after install. Remove the back film. Once you do that it exposes the pre-installed adhesive. Simply line up two corners on one side and press into place.

Contact Elektron support

4 Likes

Thanks for the replies everyone! I think I’ll leave it for the time being but it is good to know that it is a pretty straightforward repair if I do want to do that.

Super easy, I did it myself with a new plastic screen from Elektron. Good luck with the operation!

2 Likes