Create Topic or Reply pop-up window?

Personally, I like the pop-up window to create a new topic or reply but what I don’t like about it is when you click off of the pop-up window the window disappears and you have lost your text. Can this be fixed?

Can I also report one other minor issue relating to replying is that the cursor is positioned one line down from the top. When quoting a post the cursor is at the very top. Only when replying without quote is the cursor positioned on the second line from the top.

The popup window is placed over the text that I am replying to, very inconvenient.

Hey jgb, the workaround I use is to quote the post and delete the quote before posting. Alternatively, open the post in another tab.

Sure, that is a workaround. :slight_smile: But to me, such workarounds should not be needed. What if I want to answer several posts in one post? It soon gets tedious to have to do quote+copy+paste for each post.

In short, bad usability.

Yeah I really prefer being able to see the thread, or at least the last few posts, when I’m typing up a reply. Short-term memory is not so good…

Any chance for a “quick reply” style feature a la E-U’s?

Hey jgb, the workaround I use is to quote the post and delete the quote before posting. Alternatively, open the post in another tab.[/quote]
It looks fancy (I guess it’s jQuery Fancybox), but it’s probably not the best user experience. Is it possible to make the reply window draggable? There are options in the code, but I’m not sure it’s compatible with the “click off the reply window and it won’t disappear” option.

I’d be ok with a standard message form that dynamically appears below the message, after hitting “reply” or “quote message.” That way, we can freely scroll up or down, reviewing other messages in the thread, as we reply.

As a workaround I’ve made the reply/create/send message pop-up window movable, as per Glitched’s suggestion, so you can move it around and see the text underneath.

Also, the pop-up doesn’t disappear when clicking outside of it anymore. (I think I mentioned it somewhere else a couple of days ago, but just to clarify…)

Movable works quite OK, as long as what you are looking for is on the same page as where you started your reply. Probably covers 98% of all replies.

Works for me! :slight_smile:

That’s cool, you can also move and scroll the pop-up window too. Nice! :+1: