Cryptocurrency

Not to forget Elektron equipment.

Loving the nonsense with DOGE.

And also the GME/AMC reddit stuff ā€¦LOL

2 Likes

The AMC/GME shit is indeed hilarious.

1 Like

so good :smile:

anyone get in on any airdrops this season?

last march or somit (2020 is a blur now) I fluked getting in on the uniswap airdrop while gettin some sushi. got like ā‚¬2k worth of uni for free. bananas.

1inch did something similar recently, airdrop to all early holders. missed that one tho I did.

thereā€™s rumours of more possible ones in the near future on certain new exchanges but Tiz anyoneā€™s guess really.

free coins rule :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::+1:

So good that I went in on GME on Thursday just so I could watch the young team live stream on youtube were they are all in the live chat hoping for rockets to the moon. LOL 50 dollars well spent if you ask me. Im still up 10% so next week could be fun :wink:

1 Like

I know itā€™s not bitcoin-related but I got in on GME via WSB. I ended up losing a lot of moneyā€¦ But I learned a lot. I also learned that I have a taste for stocks, though not yet the finesse.

3 Likes

My 2021 investment strategy has been to go all-in with 2 MJ stock (KSHB & PLNHF) and GBTC/ETHE. So far, Iā€™m very pleased.

Hahah, what? The going rate for used Elektron boxes is 60-70% of retail. Just about everything else Iā€™ve bought and sold second-hand has been 80-85%.

There are hundreds of great reasons to own Elektron stuff, but hedging against inflation isnā€™t one of them :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Ok, did I understand that correctly:
A) Elektron boxes sell used for 60-70% new (retail) price
B) Everything else sells used for 80-85% of the original used price
? or
B) Everything else sells used for 80-85% of the new (retail) price?

A) Elektron boxes sell used for 60-70% new (retail) price

This is what I meant, and

B) Everything else sells used for 80-85% of the new (retail) price?

This is also what I meant

AIC. Well, I can somewhat follow A) for the Dark Trinity MkII. Although I doubt there are too many Rytm MkII that sell vor 954 EUR - if you know a source - I would be interested. And I am pretty sure it is very difficult to find a decent digitakt for 418 EUR. So, well, hmm, I am not sure if your estimated numbers are correct. As with B) I doubt it even more. With the <500 EUR stuff you might often be lucky to sell LNIB for 75%. Although with Korg Volcas it will be more like 65%, same with all Behringer stuff, Korg Odyssey, MS20-mini, Roland boutique (except out of production JU-06 and TR-09).

The economic way in many cases will be to buy used in the first place - unless there will be a much better successor you will be able to sell without loss (any possible ā€œprofitā€ is only inflation). However - with all that encoder hassle it sometimes would include a little bit of gambling, too, with certain brands :smile: However, elektron boxes seem to have a built in stop loss. They donā€™t fall below a certain value. I cannot say this about several Boss drum machines. Or even most Akai samplers (sold for 5000 - 10000 and sell now for 50 to 300).

Elektron boxes - touchable things - have a value in themselves as opposed to virtual things or ideas that represent the belief it might be worth something to somebody else, and they exist in very finite numbers.

Maybe.

1 Like

Although I doubt there are too many Rytm MkII that sell vor 954 EUR - if you know a source - I would be interested

Try Rytm in Berlin | eBay Kleinanzeigen ā€¦ maybe some folks are willing to ship.

As with B) I doubt it even more. With the <500 EUR stuff you might often be lucky to sell LNIB for 75%.

Well, I guess Iā€™ve gotten lucky. Of all the Euro modules and synths (which have been manufactured in the previous 4 years) Iā€™ve resold over the last 6 years, I think Iā€™ve only had to sell about 10% of them at less than 80% of their new retail price. Exceptions being mixers (no matter how well you take care of your mixer, nobody expects to pay more than 70% off on a used mixer, it seems), items whose new price got discounted heavily since I purchased them, and Elektron boxes. I do take extremely good care of everything I own, though.

Very limited supply. And exquisite taste :slight_smile: That explains a lot :slight_smile:

my buddy is going off re: Dogecoin.

thoughts? I know nothing of this shit. he is URGING me to buy. Iā€™m SO skeptical about this stuff.

Iā€™ve been looking into things recently and just doing very small trades to get to grips with some of the different markets etc.

Itā€™s a very volatile investment so I wouldnā€™t recommend going in on anything unless your prepared to potentially lose your money if things donā€™t go well.

Do some research and see how you feel. So far Iā€™ve been hesitant to put any real money into anything. I doubt Iā€™d go for doge regardless.

Threw some money at some shitcoins back in 2017. Most of them donā€™t even exist anymore but Chainlink turned my 300 bucks into 40k, not planning on cashing out any time soon. The upside on some projects is insane, but I never put much in and just held long term. Doubt Iā€™ll ever put any new money in due to the risk factor, just sticking with boring index funds :call_me_hand:

1 Like

wow, amazing stuff. fair play :sparkles:

tough to hold on to stuff when it starts mooning. hodl n forget about it is the way for reals. :slight_smile:

Dogecoin just seems like a complete pump ā€˜nā€™ dump (get everyone to buy to make the price go up, then sell yours before it drops back again).
I canā€™t see any reason for it to stick around other than ā€œmeme valueā€ personally, just seems like a joke?

1 Like

yea id be well wary of doge.
not that Iā€™m very market savy or anything but it has no function other than being a meme.

1 Like