Cryptocurrency

Despite the recent dip, I feel this whole Tesla BTC fiasco is bullish for ETH.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s always this for the folks who always believe -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntG50eXbBtc

BEST video so far regarding NFTā€™s:

1 Like

I think from my poor recollections / memory that Musk litteraly states in the last Joe Rogan podcast that block chain only equates to about 6% of the worlds electricity consumption at worstā€¦i guess that is a lot though!!!

He also said that if there were such things as aliens he definately would knowā€¦ sounds to me like something an alien would sayā€¦:rofl:

6% ???
That would be desastrousšŸ˜‚ Lets hope not. I mean people are stupid.

1 Like

Just wanna know if there is a disclaimer anywhere on this thread to separate the good opinions of fellow nauts from actual financial adviceā€¦? Otherwise you could be fined for providing financial advice without a licence!!!

The fine is 1 bitcoin which can be paid directly into my wallet. Or go directly to jail, Do not pass go.:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Iā€™m licensed and I find myself cringing quite a lot at this thread. LOL.

4 Likes

Yipā€¦i sometimes i do AV for a financial advisory group in AUS, and if they even mention a recommendation as to where you ā€œmightā€ put your money (day trading, commercial real estate, long term shares, developmentā€¦ blah blah blah) they have to display and read through a lengthy disclaimer outlining the risksā€¦ and never promising any returnsā€¦

and they are licensedā€¦im sure all the talk here is just banter though, and anyone taking it seriously should just give me their money nowā€¦

1 Like

yea never listen to me - i work with a certain coin so Iā€™m biased :joy:

1 Like

Your art is all the gold you need good sirā€¦

1 Like

:relaxed::pray:

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s how it is in the US as well. On top of that Iā€™m a fiduciary so much of what I read here is extremely problematic.

2 Likes

Its actually EVERYWHERE - Twitter, facebook, blah blah blahā€¦everyone is an expertā€¦

I guess de regulation is part of the game plan of block chain and coin so it seems to be successful in that regardā€¦NO Regulation to be foundā€¦

it does seem part of the ethosā€¦to the point that Iā€™m forming conspiracy theories that this is the new world order, one government, one currency take over plan that if we were told to adopt we wouldnā€™tā€¦ but through the suggestion we are surpassing the ā€œmanā€ and taking the power into our own hands, we readily exchange our current currency / power for the new paradigmā€¦be that what it mayā€¦

I donā€™t knowā€¦maybe ā€œtheyā€ (early adopters) are having better ā€œoutcomesā€ than meā€¦to the point where Iā€™m thinking it may be time to dip my toe into the waters. The water seems pretty warmā€¦and who am i to stop big brother?

Im already on thin ice, i may as well danceā€¦:thinking:

1 Like

Looks like a good day for high quality crypto, whilst the has-beens and joke coins are getting sold off

:clown_face:

Oracles are basically the bridge/messengers between blockchains and data from outside of the blockchains. For example, since the majority of smart contracts deal in decentralized finance, blockchains rely upon getting accurate and up to date prices. This information is delivered by oracles. So, each transaction requiring external data that occurs on any blockchain involves an oracle.

Good explanation here:

1 Like

Iā€™ve done ok with some (cardano And link I think )
But mostly hoping that eth and btc regain their fun bouncy high streak. .

Not accurate financial descriptions.

Binance Probed by U.S. as Money-Laundering, Tax Sleuths Bore In

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-13/binance-probed-by-u-s-as-money-laundering-tax-sleuths-bore-in

So bullish.

I think thereā€™s a tremendous amount of wilful self-delusion in crypto.
Enthusiasts try to justify the price by talking about it as an investment in amazing new technology, wow, all this infrastructure for the digital future. Money transmitted over the Internet, who knew such a thing was possible? Then something awkward like the Dogecoin jump happens, revealing that no, the majority of buyers are just indulging in a wild speculative pumpā€™nā€™dump, they donā€™t give a shit about the amazing technology. There are a few true believers in there but they are not making the market.
Itā€™s also fascinating how much outright illegal activity has been normalised. Pump and dump is theoretically illegal, and has always been considered unsavoury; now itā€™s an exciting business model. Large exchanges are very likely engaged in outright fraudulent behaviour.

We still havenā€™t put another human on the moon, since 1969. The sharpest minds in our generation are working on ever-more-elaborate digital pyramid schemes. This is devolution.

(Sorry, itā€™s not a ā€˜pyramid schemeā€™. Itā€™s a ā€˜triangular value expansion planā€™.)

5 Likes

I think critics tend to group things together and make broad generalizations about all crypto based upon the outliers. Itā€™s disingenuous to act like thereā€™s no difference between Ethereum and Dogecoin. The entire stock market is based on speculation; this isnā€™t unique to only crypto.

if you have a problem with Ethereum, explain what it is. If you have a problem with Bitcoin, the reasons will be different. I donā€™t care to gamble with Dogecoin, but I do believe in the Ethereum network and choose to invest.

6 Likes