Cryptocurrency

Watch your blood pressure, gramps.

2 Likes

anyone wĢ¶iĢ¶tĢ¶hĢ¶ aĢ¶ dĢ¶iĢ¶gĢ¶iĢ¶tĢ¶aĢ¶lĢ¶ wĢ¶aĢ¶lĢ¶lĢ¶eĢ¶tĢ¶.

itā€™s from reddit r/WalstreetBets, when the whole GME stock stuff happened couple of years ago, it was a crazy event when bunch of people (approx your age) bought bunch of stocks against some financial corporations that shorted the Gamestop stock and it was crazy to watch from the side, one of the posts telling people not to sell their stocks even that the news were telling people to sell had this misspell which became a meme.

but on this truck itā€™s used as a scam with bunch of other memesā€¦

I think thereā€™s a documentary about that on netflixā€¦

yep:

https://www.netflix.com/title/81424332

2 Likes

The most amusing thing about crypto is not that itā€™s often a scam, but that people get the idea that a public, immutable, and cryptographically secure ledger is a good place to commit financial crimes.

3 Likes

HODL - Hold On for Dear Life.

Yā€™all are FOMOing :laughing:

YOLO.

4 Likes

I was up a couple k on shiba before it crashed. I thought it was ridiculous at the time but I wanted the monies to find heaven on earth.

3 Likes

If you think the concept of a secure digital currency with a finite amount of tokens is a bad idea than you are completely ignorant and naive about how crooked our current fiat currency and fractional reserve banking is. The Fed and IBS are pure evil and service no other masters than the shareholders of itā€™s private corporation. Are there scams in crypto? Absolutely, but donā€™t through the baby out with the bathwater because TPTB are seeking to destroy or co-opt it.

And fuck Shibu coin, that was dumb from the start. Still I posted the picture to show how stupid the lemmings of Wall Street Bets are. Hope someone else got a laugh at the digital tulip craze.

3 Likes

pokemon bank edition.

3 Likes

I have two other arguments against crypto (in addition to its utility as a honeypot for financial crime):

1. As a software engineer, I do not want to trust a significant fraction of my bank balance to an immutable algorithm.

2. Let me know when you find a crypto currency that is backed up by these:

DANGER

On the positive side, crypto is intellectually interesting, and I have no problem with people who can afford to do so throwing their own money into it. (I prefer to throw my money at synths and sailboats. At least I have fun losing it)

6 Likes

I parked the last of my crypto losings in algorand and defly and decided to forget about it. It will either be worth less, down to zero, relatively the same or perhaps even worth more when I look at it again in 3 days.

What are they transporting? Dumbasses?

6 Likes

scooby snacks

2 Likes

Ruh-roh.

4 Likes

There are so many holes in this statement I wouldnā€™t even know where to start, but I posted these pics as a light hearted joke and I donā€™t come to Elektron to discuss politics or finance. So I will acquiesce. Lesson learned.

Go ahead, name one if you can. Iā€™ve got all day.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Good one!

3 Likes

Iā€™d be happy to in a PM when I have time today, but Iā€™m not going to engage this openly and potentially turn this thread into more of a trainwreck.

As we all know, thatā€™s the best backup for currencies. Oh man, what a strange world this is. Lemme get back into my k-hole.

2 Likes

Iā€™m only interested in mocking cryptocurrencies publicly, not in DMs.

All Iā€™m saying is that the people backing the USD have a really big stick, and I donā€™t want to get into a stick fight. If the US-driven world economy falls apart, I have more confidence in my MD and MNM as a reserve currency than cool math.

6 Likes

Anyone who isnā€™t selling their magic cards and reinvesting that money in pogs and garbage pail kids are dillusional dirks.

6 Likes

The baby drowned a while ago, itā€™s just scam water now, with a dead baby in it.

Every big player in the crypto world is involved in something scammy or corrupt. Every one, just some havenā€™t been found out yet.

You can only use the ā€œbut thatā€™s just one bad actor, the rest of the system is fineā€ argument so many times.

4 Likes