Current State of legacy Elektron software + Mac M1

Hey all -

I’m wondering if there’s a current or up-to-date accounting for running legacy Elektron software such as C6 in a Mac M1 virtual machine (e.g. Parallels and Tiny10 or similar).

While I have access to a Window’s PC, if I could get a virtual machine running on my Mac it would simplify my setup and minimize the amount of swapping of USB cables and moving samples over to the PC for transfer to the MD, etc.

Brief update - I’m going to make an effort to get Tiny11 for ARM64 running: tiny11 for Arm64 : NTDEV : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

I can do this “officially” via Parallels - or via UTM/QEMU which will take a bit more legwork but should also do the trick.

I’ll report back here with my findings.

VMs w/ older OS’s (win or mac) to run C6 work fine.

1 Like

Thanks for the input - do you know if C6 will run at Turbo speeds with a TM-1 using a VM?

Works for me, but I usually have to run it at around x6 or x8.
Most of my management anymore is done on an iOS device at normal speeds.
The only times it takes a while is when I gotta update the OS.

Ive often thought about reaching out to the sysex base developer and see if hes interested in trying to add turbomidi to it. I doubt it cause there isnt much return on that labor investment other than like me and 6 others :wink: