Cv clock in

i want my machinedrum to receive a cv clock. how could it be done?

It cannot be some directly. You will need to find some device to convert clock pulses to MIDI clock messages.

Maybe a beatstep Pro or korg sq-1 could do the job.

https://www.schneidersladen.de/en/vpme-t31.html

this one would be cool but also quiet expensive and to much features for what i want to do.
i only need to trigger the machinedrumclock.

is there maybe something?

as @synthbie above said, a beatstep pro should be able to do it in terms of converting the CV clock to MIDI clock:

set up the BSP in the Arturia MIDI center to make sure it accepts whatever clock you´re giving it into the “SYNC in” input in the right format (24ppqn, Korg Sync, 1pulse/step - for Eurorack you´ll probably want the last one) and set it to output MIDI clock via it´s MIDI out

then set the sync-slave-mode/source on the front of the BSP to “CLK”.

obviously, connect the BSPs MIDI OUT to the Elektron´s MIDI IN and set up the Elektron box to receive and respond to incoming MIDI clock.

you might (!) have to set the BSP to play once, then hit play/pause again. not sure about that.

this SHOULD work IN THEORY - I´m not at home in front of my rig, so I cannot test, sorry.

if you want / can use a Eurorack module but the VPME is too expensive for you, check out LADIK as an alternative:

Ladik M-330 Clock to MIDI Sync module: 65 UK Pounds

I do not own the LADIK module, but his stuff in general is really great for the money.

But so is VPME´s stuff, Vladimir is a really nice guy too :slight_smile: