Cycles if not Digitone

Is there a chance to like Cycles is I didn t like the overall sound of Digitone?
Also, how great is the sequencer for melodic parts not drums?

What is something that you like though? I ask because I don’t know what you like aside from not the digitone.

What he said.

1 Like

They’re quite different in sound, or at least the parameters tend to push me to make sounds that are very different to what I’d make on the Digitone.

All sounds are able to be chromatically sequenced, so it can get very melodic.

3 Likes

From the outside the Cycles seems more percussive oriented but I’d love to hear that it isn’t–I love the M:S. Seems like a fun companion.

1 Like

The cycles is definitely more percussion oriented.
That doesn’t mean you have to use it for percussion, but the sound design limitations (one LFO per track, limited envelope control, no filter) can make it frustrating for non-percussive sounds from time to time.

It’s very good for basslines though.

3 Likes

I see. But is friendly enough the sequencer for melodic stuff? Say at least like the one on Octatrack?

It’s ok for melodic stuff. It’s not got an arp, going through the octaves is a bit of a pain and transpose is a bit of a dive to access but most of that can be overcome by connecting a midi keyboard, I guess…

Other than that, it’s an Elektron sequencer, so very good indeed.

1 Like

Is the sequencer polyphonic on each channel, I mean for sequencing external synths as well as internal?
Can the 6 audio tracks be sent via usb in ur daw?
No attack?

model samples in much better than cycles for melodic stuff imo.
fill it with single cycle waveforms and you’re off to the races

Nope.

No, just the stereo master.

There is, but you need to use up the LFO for it.

3 Likes