Czech recs?

Hi –

There must be some chiptune and/or synthfunk-aware nightclubs or something in Prague … right? Any knowledge or suggestions to share? Some tips for where there might be a place with a synth wave / chip tune / “someone on stage with an Octatrack” kind of vibe in CZ? Any other Prague tips?

Thanks!

1 Like

Yo, I live in Prague, the music scene here isn’t … great, in my opinion. Drum and bass kinda dominates the electronic music scene, finding good techno is harder than you’d expect, and overall, the playlists in bars/cafes are more miss than hit.

Best bet is to find actual shows, follow noise kitchen (even though their shop shut down), cross club sometimes has something decent, ankali is cool, fuchs as well. There’s a modular/vinyl shop called “luft” that has some interesting stuff sometimes … if I can remember anything else I’ll respond here, but yeah, Prague isn’t Berlin :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Isn’t Roxy in Prague? From what I’ve heard that’s a pretty good club

1 Like

No idea about chiptune nights / venues.

Altenburg is quite a cool venue on a big barge with additional seating on the bank. Seems like nights there aren’t very regular theses days.

Meet Factory has some interesting nights.

http://www.meetfactory.cz/en/

Roxy hosts a lot of gigs of more famous acts, but club nights are pretty mainstream, lots of tourists usually there because it’s in the middle of town and in all the guides.

1 Like

Thanks @ki_cz3d @loopdude @Skypainter !!

1 Like

May have to stop by the Bastl shop and Synth Library Prague also!

2 Likes

Brno is about a 3hr / $20 train ride from Prague - they have a good live music scene. I can’t speak to the electronic music scene, but there are lots of great players there, and it seemed to be a small town / big college vibe.

3 Likes