Damon Albarn's Studio

That’s a nice story :slight_smile:

I wrote Guy Picciotto a really embarrassing letter senior year of high school relating some experience with the opposite sex to a Rites of Spring song. He sent me a lengthy reply but I was too embarrassed to read the whole thing and burned it. I really regretted that years later… Hope kept your correspondences.

1 Like

Haha, it was High School for me too. I’ve kept them all, and sort of miss being able to just do that. I sometimes miss not having a filter and just letting it out there. Seemed to have led to more moments. Write Guy again and see if you can get a replacement.

1 Like

That’s a good idea. For me it’s laziness more than anything. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of musicians and such that matter to us would be touched to receive a letter these days. I know someone who either wrote or emailed Marin Gore some real synth nerd questions and he sent him back a pretty detailed reply.

4 Likes

We’ll see. I posted a reply to the above video telling Damon we should uang and talk about Drum machines, and that I’d help him get his bikes back. I’ll keep you updated.

2 Likes

Not really a musician, though he is an auteur, but I emailed Beat Takeshi and asked for an autograph. I mentioned how much he meaner to me.

I don’t know if the message got to him, but I got an email reply saying it was well received.

They mailed me his autograph, made out to my name. It’s very special, and I’m sure any physical engagement is appreciated to any artist.

6 Likes

That’s cool but I personally wouldn’t of used a sharpie to cover your last name so you could post it here without DOXing yourself :wink:

Somewhat related, I saw this on the BBC yesterday:

2 Likes

It’s just a photo markup with my iPhone!

2 Likes

Yea right! :wink:

I understand… with all the drama over the divorce with Bjork and all…

2 Likes

Fixed it

1 Like

Oh shit…

Is that a Matthew Barney reference!?!

Cremaster 108 coming right up.

2 Likes

I’m glad you saw what I did…

1 Like

The internet has ruined BBC for me