Dataline new album

3 Likes

Cool! Can you tell us what hardware/software was used? Are these exclusively Elektron-based tracks?

Rad album man, ‘How?’ is a favorite. Reminds me a bit of Phonem’s ‘Hydro Electric’ (in a good way)

congrats cenk! looking forward to giving this an uninterrupted listen.

Main outputs recorded into Ableton - except for the track ‘Alone?’ which was a result of some Overbridge testing :smiley: Rest of the tracks are real time recordings. After that I apply some compression, limiting, maybe EQ to get the highest possible volume WITHOUT disturbing the dynamics.

I would say they are 80 percent Elektron based. Additional gear would be Bass Station2, Micro Granny, MS2000 and some sampling from vinyls. Oh, some additional sequencing with OP1 and SQ1 :slight_smile: They are great for driving the Elektrons!!!

3 Likes

Sweet, nice one Cenk!
Shall take a listen tonight :slight_smile:

Lots of creative sounds and structures. Something for everyone, here: techno, down-tempo, electro, IDM…whatever! Layers of arps, pads, and beats. I especially appreciate the attention to sound-design.

These titles “Stuck,” “Alone,” “Sadlook…”? Need a friend, Cenk? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Great album!

I recognize some of these songs from the videos. Great to be able to get a high quality audio version of “Below The Trees”, one of the best ever uses of the Korg Volca Sample.

Hi.
This is a GREAT album. I have it for steaming and enjoy it a lot.
Is there any way to get this on vinyl to? If so please send me a link.

Thanks from a big fanboy :slight_smile:
Christian