Dave Mech Live setup 2.0 tutorial - short setup time

Hi Everyone,

Took some time to finish this video, but it’s finally here :). In this video I show in detail how I’ve set up my current live setup. It’s done in a way that makes it super quick to take gear from the studio on the road and back into the studio. I always thought that was a bit of a pain. Especially with picking foam which will become a bit of a mess eventually. And if you are worried about airflow for mixers like Xone 96 and FX like Analog Heat, this solution will also make you happy.

In the video description you’ll find everything I used for this.
Happy to answer any questions so let me know in the comments if you have any :slight_smile:

Cheers!

41 Likes

I was expecting a 10 second video like the Ricky Tinez intro. Plug, plug, switch, bass comes out the speakers haha. Seriously, tho, nice work!

1 Like

Nice work Dave! Had the same idea with my setup but with a smaller pedal board. There are some nice midi Cables at Thomann i use in my live case that can be used 90° Rockboard FlaX Plug MIDI Cable 60 cm – Musikhaus Thomann

1 Like

Yo Dave, this is absolutely sick. I also love that you position the OT behind your Digitakt and Digitone which is my preferred setup as well. I’ve been thinking about grabbing a proper DJ mixer myself but I wonder if it’s really necessary seeing as I use my OT to do all my mixing. Great video and an excellent setup - might have to make an EZBOT config using a smaller board for playing shows here in Seattle - we shall see! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks !
I use those in the video actually haha :). I just removed the protector thingy.

1 Like

Hey dude :slight_smile: thanks! Great to hear you liked this idea. Would love to see your board when it’s done

1 Like

Okay! did not know that it can be removed :joy: !

1 Like

If and when I will definitely share with you!

1 Like

Cool :slight_smile:

Great video as usual Dave. Looks like a nice tidy solution, that case looks great too.

One thing - never emkay, always mark :rofl:

3 Likes

emkay for life bro :sunglasses: :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks dude !
Drugs are bad Ehmkaay

I’ll make sure to correct myself next time :sweat_smile:. After reading emkay 100000 times it sticks to the brain.

2 Likes

I’ll be going with ‘Marcus, the 2nd’ for now. Feels good.

Too late now, but did you consider using some kind of vesa plates to attach the velcro (for the Digis)?

Nice tip on the protector thingy… :wink:
Great video!

2 Likes

Considered that yeah, but I really don’t mind the velcro on the machines :slight_smile: .

1 Like

One tip from a guitarist for people who don’t like to put velcro on their Elektron boxes. This is a trick I learned for guitar pedals.

You just cover the back of the case with masking tape before sticking on the velcro. The velcro glue never touches the Digitakt or whatever, but it sticks just as well.

Bonus tip: to protect the serial number label, cut a slip of plain paper to cover it before applying the masking tape.

3 Likes

That’s a nice tip :slight_smile:
Only would be a bit a worried about the tape being the weakest link in that situation and eventually lose up.

It’s surprisingly long lasting. I’ve got pedals that have had masking tape under the velcro for years, with no sign of it coming unstuck.

2 Likes

cool, great to hear :). Will keep in in mind for feature projects!

Another velcro alternative that I absolutely cannot live without is Dual Lock by 3M, works the same way as velcro, but holds MUCH stronger, also the adhesive it uses hold very strong and peals off without any residue at all. Ive actually been able to peel it off of one surface and re-use it on another

2 Likes

Ah yeah got that tip on another forum. Very nice indeed!. Bit more expensive but it’s definitely on the radar for a next project.