Dave Mech - Rendr // 100% Digitakt

Ello dear Nauts.

After many weeks of hard work I finally released the part 3 of the Mastering Digitakt course. I took the groove I created during the recording of that part and recorded it into my latest track called Rendr. It’s again a style I love to create. Groovy, uptempo dub techno. It’s created with Digitakt only and with samples I created with Digitone (from dusk till dawn sample pack). This groove consists of many different techniques. I use different track lengths, a lot of conditions (like NEI), combinations of modulations and p-locks to create extra effects and more. The arrangement is then recorded live by using a lot of control-all tricks and other movements. The Digitakt really keeps on giving once you start utilizing and combining all it can do into one track in subtle (and not so subtle) ways.

I explain step by step in much detail how I created this groove in part 3 of the Mastering Digitakt course if anyone’s interested. You can find it here: davemech.live/shop

enjoy :slight_smile:

Cheers!

30 Likes

Shameless bump. Posted this a bit too early in the day I recon, bit snowed under :slight_smile: . I tried a a good few new performance techniques. Especially experimented with control all to see how far I could go from the initial composition with it while still feeling like it’s part of the track. Curious to know your thoughts naughts !

3 Likes

Obviously no secret i’ve been a fan of yours for a while, i love the music

But it’s also entertaining to watch the skill and muscle memory at work, the technicality and the transitions, and as someone mentioned in the video comments, the timing in executing :slight_smile:

Another example of skillful performance, and was cool to see how you live tweaked playback parameters on that longer sample as well

Oh and love the track :smiley:

1 Like

I sold my Digitakt during my synth acquisition madness last year. I’m also deeply in love with my AR MKII.

I’m sure the video is excellent though.
So, here’s another protuberance on a level surface for you :wink:

1 Like

Oh no, how could you. I mean … Such a loss :wink:

1 Like

Cheers dude, thanks for checking the video and kind comment :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have to say, the atmosphere in your tracks are fantastic. They’re so funky and haunting at the same time. This one’s no exception, and the performance is top notch. It’s a joy to listen and watch.

1 Like

Thanks dude, appreciate you saying that. Can’t wait to record more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Dave, will there be a Dave Mech Digitone Course? I sold my Digitakt what a shame

2 Likes

Yes there definitely will be a digitone course as well :slight_smile:

1 Like