Dave Mech - Unchain (Syntrx // Digitone // Digitakt // Microcosm // Ventris)

Ello dear Nauts.

It’s nice to experiment with using several pieces of gear simultaneously. to break a bit from the minimalist approach. Here’s a dark ambient techno track I recorded. Lately I’m experimenting with different setups, approaches to recording tracks, and arrangements.

The Digitakt is providing the kick, bass and steady percussion. Digitone provides the chords and a drone. Syntrx is doing atmospheric clicks, noise and the feedback tones. Microcosm is routed through ventris and back into the model 1, set up as send fx.
I’m very impressed by both the microcosm and Ventris and will be reviewing both in the future when I’ve had a bit more time with them. The Model 1 is a lone unit from Play Differently for me to review. Keep an eye on my channel if interested. I’ll be uploading a review in the next few weeks.

The result is recorded in one take. Post processing applied to master this track: A subtle exciter into Analog heat (used as parallel warmer) into Ozone 9. The track is available on my bandcamp.

Anyway, enjoy :slight_smile:

Cheers!

30 Likes

Fantastic

2 Likes

Those Syntrx noises into those fx sound great. Nice work on this :slight_smile:

Honestly, kind of helped center me as I try to get started on some more wood working for my synth cabinets. Just what I needed.

3 Likes

Well done.

1 Like

Cheers Fin

1 Like

Thanks dude. That’s nice to hear and it resonates with how I felt while creating this. After a stressful period I feel a lot more relaxed and centered this week finally. Though admittedly recording this went wrong a few times which was frustrating (camera battery empty, sound card crapping out etc…) But this take made it worth while

3 Likes

Very nice mello tech/dustrial vibe

1 Like

That was great Dave. Really like the dark ambient vibe you have going and how all the machines are working together to create a unique work of art.

1 Like

I’d say it’s a positive sign that your feelings were articulated well enough for me to pick up the same vibes.

Still getting the same effect after listening again later in the day :wink:

1 Like

Outstanding! Please do an album of this.

1 Like

Cheers Pete!

Creating an album is definitely on my to do list this year :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a very beautiful track! I look forward to hearing your view about the Model 1.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Yeah can’t wait to record it :slight_smile: need a bit more time with it