Dedicated Elektron granular box - when?

Not that we know of. And it definitely won’t match the GR-1 in terms of granular playability.

you are obviously entitled to the belief that elektron will introduce another box with a fader in competition with a product from an even more niche market company. I will not rob you of your entitlement.

1 Like

The Digitakt just got some new sample play/slice modes which are called machines.

1 Like

When?

When they run out of good ideas?

3 Likes

alright I’m not really here to argue what mono vs stereo means in regards to sample playback, but you can sample mono and apply a stereo landscape. digitakt is limited to mono samples, not mono soundscape. there are left and right bias and outputs for a reason.

Why you hating on granular? Don’t you like the sound of it?

It’s coming out tomorrow. It’s called the Grannytakt. It’s gonna be dope, but I’m gonna wait for the MkII because that one will use real Granny’s.

9 Likes

Imo granular works almost the same on mono. To my memory even the GR-1 does mixdown on stereo sample load.
It’s nice to have stereo processing, but this probably works better as an effect.

1 Like

I just don’t like it, sounds tacky to me and a bit of a one-trick pony.

Also, I just don’t think there’s enough scope for Electron to base a whole synth on it. Much more likely to add it to something else as a machine.

3 Likes

…we can be sure of at least a few things…

nope, dtakt won’t give up on it’s big time killer punch which only comes guaranteed with the limitation on MONO…!!!..not to mention that it lives from the fact that it has not enough storage capacity to deal with double sized stereo files in 48k…

while all sorts of wavetable and grains can indeed totally benefit from STEREO for real…
and OF COURSE from an option to SLIDE through such a sonic spectrum in some haptic fashion…

1 Like

How many people

1 Like

And 2 or 3 faders please!

these statements only make sense if the syntakt doesn’t look exactly like a digitakt with a white OLED screen instead of yellow. In the eyes of a company trying to sell both, they would have to hate money to give them to you…

DT, god’s honest truth, is only getting OT style features because it’s sales run laps around the OT. However, dt features will NEVER be able to catch up to OT capability so very few OT dedicated users would choose to replace it with DT exclusively.

there is a very specific business strategy at play with this company. I tell you with my hand over my heart, they know exactly what they are doing. they are not out to lose money.

2 Likes

…yup…and that’s what’s going to happen…

a new ot design that will include some wavetable and grain treatment via stereo sampling in digi like format and digi like workflow…

granular is a buzz word, i really hope Elektron doesn’t waste the resources on a dedicated granular box

1 Like

They won’t

Aren’t we all.

1 Like

Seems you and a couple other people here don’t really grasp what granular is.

We do, it’s shit is what it is.

1 Like

chuck berry