Dedicated Elektron granular box - when?

I’m not quite as dismissive as this, but I largely agree. I’ve worked with granular in two Eurorack modules and two iPad apps. It is a nice effect in moderation, and with some work, can produce some interesting sounds. It can easily be abused (like shimmer reverb). I can see it being a feature in an OTmk3, but not a primary design element. The GR-1 and Lemondrop haven’t exactly set the world on fire.

2 Likes

I think you’re confusing your own opinions for some sort of general consensus here.

1 Like

You know why, don’t you…

1 Like

No but Waldorf Quantum / Iridium and Arturia Pigments are doing very well.

None of which are primarily granular synths.

1 Like

toy.

Close, but no cigar.

1 Like

Your point?

Should Syntakt be put down for being a mish mash? :thinking:

I thought it was a drum synth.

1 Like

No it does FM and analogue VCO synth tones, and digital supersaw.

You’re taking all of this way too seriously.

Just facts. Guess you don’t have a silly reply to them.

You all need to calm down a little so that people can take some time and marinate on some quality jokes in this thread.

6 Likes

I’ve got a silly reply for everything

3 Likes

I heard that when you use the wrong settings on the Octatrack it sounds like a granular box.

2 Likes

this is what being a family is all about. now let’s everyone pile in the wagon and head to the nearest diner for some soup and grains.

1 Like

I’m firmly off the wagon these days.

My statement was meant to be sarcasm referencing goalposts constantly moving. Like I said in my original post, it seems some folks will go to the end of the earth to find reasons why missing XYZ feature is the root cause of what is stopping them from creating music; until they find another.

That’s why I am here, to make music and enjoy myself with what I already purchased. I don’t generally feel like anything is lacking - if updates come on the side that is purely a bonus. Music is humbling and I am happy. Cheers! :v:

3 Likes

What the hell kind of diner do you have near you? Soup is yesterday’s leftovers chopped up with water added. Only grains is white toast.

1 Like

:100: :laughing:

2 Likes