Deep House on the RYTM and Lifeforms SV-1

Hi All, I recently downsized to a pretty minimal set up and am having a blast. I wanted to share this track as it was the first time I used the QPER function…and its so fun to use!

Pads were samples from my TAL plugin. With USB its so easy to sample in

6 Likes

Tal Juno? I really liked sampling into the RYTM. How much processing did you do on the pad before sampling into the RYTM?

I sampled right into he RYTM from the plugin. Any effects you hear ore from the RYTM. I think I may have set the LFO to affect fine tune slightly to give a bit extra chorus-ey vibe. I did apply Logic’s “Phat FX” on the master (very minimally of course).

The bass is clearly analog though

What did you use?

The Lifeforms SV-1. As a simple mono synth its really killer.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a killer

Such a beast of analog modular

Did you midi control il with the Rytm?

I did. I am not going to lie it was a pain. I think the midi module on my SV-1 is broken because it it will trigger the gate message on the SV-1 but nota activate the envelope. I had to manually patch the gate out of the midi module into the ADSR (which you shouldn’t have to do since its supposed to be normalled).

Once I got it working we were off to the races. I set a 85% probability for the notes to trigger (with 100% on the first notes in each bar) to give it some randomness.

Nice track!

Nice to hear some old skool house, but not just the standard 909 snare, cymbal. Is the open hat a Rytm machine or sample?

I really enjoyed that!

1 Like

Thanks! The ride cymbal at the beginning is the Rytm’s analog cymbal. Funny enough the main hi-hats are 909 samples :sweat_smile:

The kick was analog and the snare was a hybrid analog sound with a snare from Dalek’s Digitakt sound pack.

1 Like