Default to purple or green?

Hey everyone,

I don’t know how to set up a poll up here, but I want to know if you think the purple or green mutes should be the default on the DT

[ ] Purple
[ ] Green (current default)
[ ] I don’t use mutes
[ ] I like turtles

I rarely use green (global mutes), and change it to purple (per pattern) every session. If most of us are doing that, maybe the default could be swapped.

I use global mutes and would be pissed if it were the other way round :smiley:

3 Likes

I rarely use purple. Rather clear those tracks and copy to a new pattern

1 Like

Interesting.

I’m really curious how you use green mutes in your workflow.

For me, I create multiple patterns, and the purple mutes allow me to have the mutes set up.
Simple example:

Pattern 1 - Intro: Hat + Bass
Pattern 2 - Verse: Kick + Hat + Bass + Keys
Pattern 3 - Chorus: Kick + Keys
Etc.

This allows me to perform the track, and still mute/unmute whatever I want, mess with trigs, and use control all, but when I go to the next pattern my mutes start at a known point.

1 Like

Yeah I think it’s best with green as primary.
If there’s a specific muting to a pattern in a sequence then I use purple, but have green on for the most part for muting on the fly during a performance.
If for example you want to mute the kick for 2 beats before the next pattern comes in, if you do it with purple then the next time you perform the track you’ve got to go back into the pattern and reset any changes you’ve made

2 Likes

Green :green_square:

I reserve purple as a special treat for when I’m feeling blue. Green.

1 Like

+1 for green

I’ve been using purple, which is kind of annoying actually. I’d rather use green (as it sends mute info from DT to DN, whereas purple doesnt), but loading up the next pattern i often want it to start with some of the tracks muted… maybe im writing things wrong? hahaha

I prefer the green Global Mute Mode. No need for thinking when changing patterns. :crazy_face:

I use pink ones.

I’m with purple gang :purple_square:

It says this in the manual and when I first read it I thought it meant that it starts in the last mode used but as the op said it doesn’t. Seems like it would solve it for green and pink gang if it just remembered last mode used.

• Digitakt remembers the last used version of MUTE mode and will access this one first
when you press [FUNC] + [BANK]. This also applies to QUICK MUTE.

1 Like